Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If your child or other loved one suffered a personal injury caused by a Kids II Rocking Sleeper, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
Kids2 Reannounces Rocking Sleeper Recall Following Infant Deaths
January 9, 2023 - Kids2 Inc. has announced a second recall  for approximately 694,000 Kids2 Rocking Sleepers after at least 4 more children died since the initial recall in April 2019.
"A total of 15 infant fatalities were reported to have occurred in the Kids2 Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach or side while unrestrained, or under other circumstances," CPSC said. "Eleven deaths were reported to have occurred before the recall, (including five deaths previously reported by CPSC and Kids2 at the time of the original recall). Four fatalities were reported to have occurred after the recall was announced."
If you purchased a Kids2 Rocking Sleeper that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact Kids2 for a full refund. CPSC warns that it is illegal to sell or distribute the recalled sleepers.
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls Kids II Rocking Sleeper Over Infant Deaths
Since the Kids II Infant Sleeper was approved by the CPSC in 2012, the agency has received at least 5 reports of babies who died after rolling from their backs to their stomachs while unrestrained, or “under other circumstances,” CPSC said.
Affected sleepers were manufactured in China, and distributed across the U.S. to retailers including Walmart, Toys”R” Us, and Target from March 2012 thru April 26, 2019, for between $40 and $80, CPSC said.
Which Sleepers Are Being Recalled?
The recall affects the following products:
- 10081: Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleepers
- 10126: Rock & Dream Sleeper - Iggy
- 10127: Ingenuity Rock And Dream Sleeper Lucy
- 10148: Ingenuity Moonlight Soft Bedding Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Giraffe
- 10178: Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper
- 10289: Ingenuity Smartrock Poweradapt Sleeper Cambridge
- 10292: Ingenuity Rock N' Play
- 10293: Kids II rocking sleepers
- 10320: Automatic Rock 'N Soothe Sleeper - Cuddle Lamb
- 10380: Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Lion
- 10568: Ingenuity Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper Vesper
- 10729: Bright Starts Toucan Tango Rocking Sleeper
- 10872: Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Zoo Zoo Zebra
- 10888: DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper - Whitley
- 10890: DreamComfort Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper - Addington
- 11021: Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper Jungle Bursts
- 11022: Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Rocking Sleeper Jungle Blooms
- 11063: Rock n' Soothe Sleeper - Moxley
- 11164: Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lion
- 11171: Ingenuity Rock N' Soothe Sleeper SUNNY SNUGGLES
- 11357: Ingenuity Rock N' Soothe Sleeper DAYTON
- 11429: Ingenuity Dream Comfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper Braden
- 11714: DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper - Anders
- 11792: Automatic Rock 'n Soothe Sleeper - Nolan
- 11894: Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper - Jungle Garden
- 11895: Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper - Evening Safari
- 11962: Automatic Rock 'n Soothe Sleeper - Flora the Unicorn
- 12115: Automatic Rock N Soothe Sleeper – Nolan - Display
- 60130: Taggies Snuggle Me Sleeper Nestling Vine
- 60131: Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper
- 60163: Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper
- 60327: Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Emerson
- 60328: Disney Baby/Bright Starts Bows & Butterflies Sleeper Minnie Mouse
- 60329: Disney Baby Rock n Play Sleeper
- 60331: Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lamb
- 60401: Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper Playful Pinwheels
- 60600: Ingenuity Fisher Price Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Winslow
- 60635: Ingenuity Fisher Price Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Seneca
- All cloth component parts of the models identified above
If you purchased one of the affected sleepers, you should stop using it immediately, and contact Kids II for information about a replacement.
Fisher Price Inclined Sleepers: Why Are They So Risky?
The CPSC announced that a new study confirms babies should sleep on a recommended firm, flat surface.
The agency has received at least 1,108 incident reports related to inclined sleeping products that occurred between January 2005 and June 2019. Unfortunately, this number includes 73 infant deaths.
The agency hired a mechanical engineer who specializes in biomechanics as an independent expert to conduct the study. Erin Mannen, Ph.D. works in this area at the Medical Sciences division of the University of Arkansas.
Dr. Mannen conducted infant testing in order to evaluate the design of inclined sleeping products.
They performed the study by measuring muscle movements and oxygen saturation with infants who were placed in a variety of products and positions; flat crib, inclined crib, and several other inclined sleep products. None of the inclined products tested safe for infant sleep.
The report concludes that products with inclines of 10 degrees or less, that are on flat and rigid surfaces, are most likely the safest for infant sleep.
Additionally, plush-like sleeping surfaces pose a danger to infants.
- Boppy Infant Sleeper Recall Lawsuit & Attorney
- Leachco Podster Playtime Infant Loungers Lawsuit & Attorney
- SwaddleMe Infant Sleeper Recall Suit
- Graco Little Lounger Rocking Seat Recall Suit
See all defective product suits from Schmidt and Clark, LLP.
Get a Free Kids Rocking Sleeper Recall Lawsuit Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Lawyers
The Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Kids II Rocking Sleeper Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new sudden unexpected infant death cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if your baby or another loved one was harmed by a Kids II Rocking Sleeper, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing an infant deaths suit and our law firm can help.