Data Controller Information
The Data Controller responsible for processing personal data is:
Schmidt & Clark, LLP
1455 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20004
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Identification Information: Such as name, address, email, and phone number.
- Legal Information: Related to legal cases, claims, and other legal matters.
- Technical Information: Such as IP address, browser type, and device information.
- Financial Information: Payment details related to our services.
- Special Categories of Data: Health information or other sensitive data if relevant to the legal matters we handle.
How We Use Personal Data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing Legal Services: To provide and manage legal services related to personal injury lawsuits, medical malpractice, car accidents, etc.
- Compliance and Legal Obligations: To comply with regulatory requirements and legal obligations.
- Marketing and Communication: To provide updates and marketing communications, where consent has been given.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process personal data on the following legal bases:
- Consent: Where you have provided explicit consent.
- Contractual Obligation: To fulfill a contract with you.
- Legal Obligation: To comply with legal requirements.
- Legitimate Interests: Where processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
Data Sharing and Transfers
We may share personal data with:
- Legal Partners and Consultants: To assist in legal matters.
- Regulatory Authorities: As required by law.
- Service Providers: Such as IT service providers and payment processors.
We do not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless adequate protections are in place.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Access: To request access to your personal data.
- Rectification: To correct any inaccurate data.
- Erasure: To request deletion of data (the "right to be forgotten").
- Restriction: To restrict processing.
- Portability: To request a copy of your data in a usable format.
- Objection: To object to processing where applicable.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise any of your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Our website may contain links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
Changes to This Policy