FREE Case Review (866) 588-0600

Report Unsafe Consumer Products to the CPSC

Consumers should report unsafe consumer products to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).

In addition, sometimes these reports are and can be made by an injured consumers legal counsel, i.e. their attorney or lawyer that is investigating the merits of a product liability lawsuit on behalf of the injured individual.

Quick Facts:

  • The CPSC receives approximately 10,000 reports of dangerous consumer products annually.
  • The CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction.
  • Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $800 billion annually.

Steps to Filing a Report with the CPSC

The CPSC has made reporting dangerous or hazardous products very simple. You can use the online forms at the CPSC website to report an injury or death and to file a complaint about an unsafe product.

Link to CPSC Form: Unfortunately, the CPSC website link is no longer working.  Please visit their contact page for additional information:

In addition, you can also report dangerous or hazardous products by e-mail (, phone (800-638-2772, x650), fax (800/809-0924) or letter (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Injury Report, Washington, DC 20207).

Free Confidential Case Evaluation

Verified 100% Secure SiteTo contact us for a free review of your potential case, please fill out the form below or call us toll free 24 hrs/day by dialing: (866) 588-0600.
Awards & recognition