What’s the Problem?
This recall affects the Rapala Rechargeable Fillet Knife with item number RRFN, according to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) .
“The battery can overheat and catch fire if non-Rapala chargers are used to charge the battery,” CPSC said.
The knife handles are black and gray with the “Rapala” logo printed in red on the handle, along with the word “ION” in white.
The recalled fillet knives were sold at Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Fleet Farm, and sporting goods stores nationwide and online from March 2011 through December 2018 for about $101.
If you purchased a fillet knife that is affected by this recall, you should remove the battery and look for a white ETL label on the battery.
“If the battery does not have a white ETL label, consumers should contact Rapala USA for a free replacement battery and for pre-paid return of the old battery to Rapala for proper disposal.”
This recall began on January 19, 2021.
Related Article: Rogue Home Timer Overheating Battery Litigation
Fillet Knife Safety Tips
- Always be sure to keep your knife hand and the handle of your fillet knife clean and dry at all times.
- Avoid using your knife hand to handle the fish.
- If you do handle the fish with your knife hand, rinse and dry your hand before proceeding.
- Fillet the fish on a cutting board that will help prevent the fish from sliding away.
Other overheating battery-related litigations:
- Dexter Overheating Battery Litigation
- LG Home Overheating Battery Litigation
- Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch Recall Lawsuit
See all related product liability litigations we’ve covered.
Do I Have a Fillet Knife Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Fillet Knife Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new personal injury and property damage cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.