How Many Oil Refineries are in Texas?
Texas has nearly 30 oil refineries operating in the following locations:
- Double Punch Refinery – Barton Refining
- Baytown Refinery – ExxonMobil
- Big Spring Refinery – Alon USA
- Beaumont Refinery – ExxonMobil
- Borger Refinery – Phillips 66/Cenovus
- Corpus Christi Complex – Flint Hills Resources
- Corpus Christi Refinery – Citgo
- Corpus Christi East Refinery – Valero
- Corpus Christi West Refinery – Valero
- Deer Park Refinery – Shell Oil Company
- El Paso Refinery – Western Refining
- Galveston Bay Refinery – Marathon Petroleum Company
- Houston Refinery – Lyondell
- Houston Refinery – Valero
- Independent Refinery – Stratnor
- Penreco – Calumet Penreco LLC
- Nixon Refinery – Blue Dolphin
- Pasadena Refinery – Petrobas
- Port Arthur Refinery - Total
- Port Arthur Refinery - Motiva
- Port Arthur Refinery – Valero
- San Antonio Refinery – NuStar Energy
- South Hampton Refinery – Arabian American Development
- McKee Refinery - Valero
- Sweeny Refinery – Phillips 66
- Texas City Refinery – Marathon Petroleum Company
- Texas City Refinery – Valero
- Three Rivers Refinery – Valero
- Tyler Refinery – Delek Refining Ltd.
What is the Time Limit on Oil Refinery Injury Claims?
Because refinery accidents may give rise to multiple claims, several different time limits may apply in your case. The workers’ compensation law in Texas mandates that any injury or illness must be reported to an employer within 30 days. Workers have one year to file a claim for benefits. Maritime oil and gas workers have three years to file a claim under the Jones Act.
Personal injury and wrongful death claims stemming from a refinery accident must be brought within two years. This includes negligence-based claims against your employer and/or a third party, such as a contractor, property owner, etc., as well as product liability claims against the maker(s) of a defective product.
- Gas Field Injuries (Lawsuits & Attorneys)
- Oil Field Job Risks & Dangers
- Complete List of Oil Refineries in Louisiana
See all personal injury and accident lawsuits we've taken on.
What is the Biggest Oil Refinery in Texas?
1. Motiva Port Arthur Refinery
Location: 2555 Savannah Ave, Port Arthur, TX 77640
Oil Barrels Capacity Per Calendar Day: 607,000
Parent Corp: Motiva Enterprises LLC private joint venture
Top Local Executive: Brian Coffman, president/CEO
2. Marathon Galveston Bay Refinery
Location: 502 10th St. S.Texas City, TX 77590
Oil Barrels Capacity Per Calendar Day: 593,000
Parent Corp: Marathon Oil Corp.
Ticker Symbol: NYSE: MRO
FY 2020 Revenue: $3.09 Billion
Top Local Executive: Lee Tillman - Chairman/President/CEO
3. ExxonMobil Baytown Refinery
Location: 2800 Decker Dr, Baytown, TX 77520
Oil Barrels Capacity Per Calendar Day: 560,500
Parent Corp: ExxonMobil
Ticker Symbol: NYSE: XOM
FY 2020 Revenue: $181.50 Billion
Top Local Executive: Neil Duffin, President of Production Company
4. Valero Port Arthur Refinery
Location: 1801 S. Gulfway Dr, Port Arthur, TX 77640
Oil Barrels Capacity Per Calendar Day: 395,000
Parent Corp: Valero Energy Corp.
Ticker Symbol: NYSE: VLO
FY 2020 Revenue: $64.91 Billion
Top Local Executive: Greg Gentry, VP, General Manager
5. Beaumont Refinery
Location: 1795 Burt St, Beaumont, TX 77701
Oil Barrels Capacity Per Calendar Day: 368,024
Parent Corp: ExxonMobil
Ticker Symbol: NYSE: XOM
FY 2020 Revenue: $181.50 billion
Top Local Executive: Fernando Salazar, Refinery Manager
Compensation for Oil Refinery Accidents
Considering the number of people typically affected and the extent and severity of injuries, the damages sought in cases involving explosions, fires, and other accidents at plants and refineries are often very high. And for good reason: The worst oil and gas disasters have resulted in hundreds of serious injuries and multiple deaths.
The amount of compensation recoverable in your claim will depend on your individual losses. Generally, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity, if you are unable to work going forward
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your injury (i.e., medications; a cane, crutches, or wheelchair; travel to and from doctor appointments; modifications to your home and/or vehicle; etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Oil Rig Accident Attorney in Texas
- Dallas Oil Field Injury Attorneys
- Oil Field Injury Lawyers in San Antonio
- Jones Act & Oil Industry
Get a Free Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Lawyers
The law firm of Schmidt & Clark, LLP is dedicated to protecting the rights of the American oil and gas worker and is one of the only firms willing to handle oilfield work litigation throughout the entire United States.
Again, if you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in an oil field accident, you should contact our oil field accident lawyers immediately by using the form below or calling our law firm toll-free 24 hrs/day by dialing (866) 588-0600 for a free consultation and legal advice.
Injured workers may be able to recover compensation for medical bills from an oil company in a lawsuit and our oil field injury lawyers can help.