Taylor Farms Retail Inc. is now recalling nearly 3,300 cases of various salad blends because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria. The products in question were distributed nationwide and sold in various retail supermarkets. Customers who have purchased Taylor Farms salad blends affected by this recall should discard them immediately or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Taylor Farms Recall Update 5/22/12: Taylor Farms Retail, Inc. is now recalling a variety of baby spinach products because they may be contaminated with salmonella, a potentially deadly foodborne pathogen. The contamination was discovered through routine testing conducted on a finished package of spinach by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Click here to learn more.
Free Taylor Farms Salad Recall Suit Evaluation:If you or a loved one has been severely sickened after consuming Taylor Farms salad blends included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
October 19, 2011 – The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) announced today that Taylor Farms Retail Inc. is currently recalling the following salad blends because they may be contaminated with salmonella bacteria:
- Fresh Selections Hearts of Romaine 10 oz. bag UPC 0-11110-91044-8 TFRS277B07OOKR5L Best By 10-18-11
- Fresh Selections Leafy Romaine 10 oz. bag UPC 0-11110-91046-2 TFRS277B07OOKR5H Best By 10-18-11
- Fresh Selections Field of Greens 10 oz. bag UPC 0-11110-91042-4 TFRS277B07OOKR5F Best By 10-18-11
- Fresh Selections Romaine Blend 10 oz. bag UPC 0-11110-91038-7 TFRS277B07OOKR5N Best By 10-18-11
- HEB Spring Mix 5 oz. bag UPC 0-41220-19752-1 TFRS277B07 Best By 10-20-11
- Marketside Fresh Spinach 10oz bag UPC 6-81131-32946-0 TFRS277A07 Guaranteed Delicious By 10-21-11
- Marketside Caesar Salad Kit 14.6 oz. bag UPC 6-81131-38744-6 TFRS277B07 Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside Asian Salad Kit 15 oz. bag UPC 6-81131-53211-2 TFRS277B07 Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside Southwest Salad Kit 15oz bag UPC 6-81131-38747-7 TFRS277B07 Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside Premium Romaine 9 oz. bag UPC 6-81131-38753-8 TFRS277B07 Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside Premium Romaine Family 18 oz. bag UPC 6-81131-38807-8 TFRS277B07 Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Taylor Farms Field Greens 8 oz. bag UPC 0-30223-04036-1 TFRS277B07 Best If Used By 10-20-11
These products were distributed in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Puerto Rico and sold in various retail supermarkets. To date, there have been no illnesses reported in connection with this recall.
Salmonella Food Poisoning
Salmonella food poisoning (salmonellosis) is a foodborne infection that is typically caused by undercooked meat or poultry, raw eggs, tainted fruits or vegetables, or water contaminated with live salmonella bacteria. Symptoms of salmonellosis include:
- abdominal pain
- muscle pains
- blood in the stool
Treating salmonellosis typically involves replacing fluids and electrolytes lost by diarrhea. Electrolyte medications are available over the counter without a prescription. If symptoms are severe, your healthcare provider may prescribe antibiotics.
Need More Info?
Click on the links below if you’d like additional information about these topics from Schmidt & Clark, LLP:
Do You Have a Taylor Farms Salad Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Taylor Farms salad recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new salmonella food poisoning cases in all 50 states.
Free Taylor Farms Salad Recall Suit Evaluation:If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with salmonella food poisoning after consuming Taylor Farms salad blends included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.