FREE Case Review (866) 588-0600

School Bus Accident Lawsuit | Get the Right Lawyer

Sadly, thousands of children are injured every year in school bus accidents. Often these injuries are very serious, as children do not wear seat belts on most school buses. When a child is hurt, parents or guardians of a minor under the age of 18 can bring a claim or lawsuit on the child’s behalf.
Awards & recognition
Collen Clark Published by Collen Clark

Free School Bus Accident Case Evaluation: If your child has been injured in a school bus accident, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.

What’s the problem?

Each school day in the United States, there are an estimated 450,000 school buses transporting more than 23.5 million students to and from school. Due to the involvement of young children, school bus accidents are among the most tragic of all motor vehicle accidents.

Between 1999 and 2002, there were approximately 325 buses involved in fatal accidents. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, 19,000 people were injured in bus accidents in 2002. California, New York, and Florida had the highest number of bus accidents.

\School buses accounted for 39 percent of the fatalities and municipal buses were responsible for 37 percent. Other vehicle drivers made up 58 percent of the fatalities and non-motorists (pedestrian and bicyclists) made up 27 percent.

School Bus Accident Injuries

School bus accidents can result in horrible injuries to passengers, pedestrians, and riders in other vehicles. These include:

The victims of these accidents and their families face enormous medical bills and are often too disabled to work. The school bus accident lawyers at our firm will do everything possible to make sure our clients have access to the resources they need to rebuild their lives.

School Bus Accident Victims

Believe it or not, less than 10% of the victims of fatal school bus accidents are occupants of the school bus. Pedestrians represent 20% of the fatalities caused by school busses and 70% of the deaths in school-transportation-related crashes are occupants of other vehicles involved.

Additionally, 55% of school bus occupant deaths were school bus passengers and the remaining 45% were school bus drivers. Most of the pedestrians, 68% to be exact, that died in school bus-related accidents were struck by a school bus and the other 32% were hit by another vehicle involved in the crash.

Of all the victims caused by school-transportation-related-crashes, 20.6% were 18 years old or younger, which the NHTSA defines as “school age”.

Related Articles:

See all related personal injury and accident lawsuits our attorneys covered so far.

Choose our lawyers

Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident due to the negligence of others?

Do I have a School Bus Accident Lawsuit?

The Personal Injury & Product Liability Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focuses exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in school bus accident lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.

Free Confidential Case Evaluation

Verified 100% Secure SiteTo contact us for a free review of your potential case, please fill out the form below or call us toll free 24 hrs/day by dialing: (866) 588-0600.