The makers of Redline Energy Drink have been sued for failing to warn consumers of potential adverse side effects and health risks associated with the product.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured by Redline Energy Drink, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
Update: Energy Drinks Worse for your Heart than Caffeine Alone, Study Finds
April 27, 2017 - A new study published Wednesday in the Journal of the American Heart Association (AHA) has linked the side effects of energy drinks to an increased risk for heart problems beyond those seen with caffeine alone. The researchers suspect that the “proprietary blend” of ingredients in commercial energy drinks may prolong caffeine’s activity in the body, prevent it from being excreted, or that these substances “may have activity of their own above and beyond caffeine.”
What is Redline Energy?
Dubbed as “quite possibly the most powerful energy drink ever” by Caffeine Informer , VPX Redline Energy is a beverage designed to assist fat loss in bodybuilders and other athletes. The drink contains the following proprietary ingredients:
- Caffeine Citrate
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- Evoburn (Pure Evodiamine)
- Yerbe Mate
- Green Tea
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan)
- CAMP (adenosine cyclic 3',5'-monophosphate)
- Yohimbine HCL
Redline Energy Drink is made by Vital Pharmaceuticals, which trades as VPX, and marketed as an energy booster and weight-loss drink. The products are sold in health food stores and health clubs across the U.S.
Redline Energy Side Effects
Redline can have serious, potentially life-threatening side effects for certain users, according to LIVESTRONG . Potential health risks include:
- Shivering - Redline can cause severe shivering; in fact, the shivering mechanism is one of the beverage’s main weight-loss mechanisms, according to the company’s website, which states that the body releases stored fat in response to shivering. Yohimbe, one of the ingredients in Redline, can cause tremors and dizziness.
- Rapid heartbeat - Because Redline contains large amounts of caffeine and other stimulants, users may develop a rapid heartbeat characterized by symptoms such as chest pain, a sensation that your heart is pounding, anxiety and a rise in blood pressure. People with an elevated heart rate may also develop aortic stiffness as a temporary side effect of caffeine intake, according to the American Journal of Hypertension .
- Sweating - Redline induces sweating, which the manufacturer claims increases fat burning. Both green tea and anhydrous caffeine create a thermogenic effect.
- Anxiety - The caffeine contained in Redline can cause anxiety, possibly leading to full-blown panic attacks. Irritability, restlessness and difficulty sleeping can occur in Redline users.
- Nausea - Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea can result from excess caffeine ingestion or from yohimbe.
Class Action Lawsuit
A class action lawsuit has been filed against VPX on behalf of a man who alleges Redline Energy Drink caused “adverse side effects [that] resembled a cocaine overdose.” According to the complaint, plaintiff Adam Mirabella “suffered extreme chest pain that felt like a heart attack, he lost sensation in his hands, and he had extreme nausea” after consuming a single serving of Redline.
Mirabella claims he was hospitalized and required 2 days of sedation as a result of drinking the beverage. Plaintiff alleges Redline is unsafe due to numerous ingredients that “are notable for the adverse effects they cause to humans that go well beyond the goal… of energy enhancement.”
The complaint accuses VPX of deceptively marketing Redline as a safe source of energy while being fully aware that it has the potential to cause serious side effects including chills, vomiting, convulsions, chest pain and rapid heartbeat (arrythmias). The class action is: Adam Mirabella v. Vital Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Case No. 12-cv-62086, Florida Southern District Court, Fort Lauderdale.
- NOS Energy Drink Suits
- AMP Energy Drink Litigation
- Monster Energy Drink Suit
- Rockstar Energy Drink Side Effects Lawsuit
See other product liability cases we're currently taking.
Redline Energy Linked to Stroke in Alabama Man
November 29, 2016 - Doctors at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) have documented a case of stroke linked to Redline Energy Drink. The patient, a 57-year-old man with a history of high blood pressure, reported consuming an 8 oz. bottle of Redline about 15 minutes before suffering a brain bleed that caused tingling and shakiness in his arms and legs.
Lawsuit Update 3/17/15 - Less than 3 weeks after Mirabella attempted his class action against VPX, the motion was denied and the case was settled for the price of a single beverage (less than $5), according to Law360 . U.S. District Judge William J. Zloch says he denied class certification because the plaintiffs couldn’t reliably identify class members, and that Mirabella himself couldn’t prove how many servings of Redline he’d consumed prior to his alleged injury.
Man Develops Acute Hepatitis After Excessive Consumption of Energy Drinks
November 4, 2016 - A new study published in BMJ Case Reports  describes the case of a 50-year-old man who developed acute hepatitis after consuming 4 to 5 energy drinks per day for 3 weeks. The man was previously healthy, and he reported no changes in his diet or alcohol consumption, which led doctors to believe his condition was the result of energy drink consumption.
Just 1 Energy Drink Can Increase Blood Pressure, Norepinephrine Levels, Study Finds
November 8, 2015 – New research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)  has found that drinking one 16-ounce energy drink raised blood pressure and a stress hormone among young adults. Specifically, the study determined that test subjects’ systolic blood pressure rose an average of 6.4% and norepinephrine levels increased 73.6% after energy drink consumption. Click here to learn more.
Do I Have a Redline Energy Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Redline Energy Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: Again, if you or a loved one suffered a heart attack, seizure, stroke or other serious side effects after using a Redline Energy product, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and our lawyers can help.