Bella Pressure Cookers
According to Bella Housewares, the company manufactures a variety of small kitchen appliances, cookware, and bakeware products . Pressure cookers / multi-cookers made by Bella include the:
- BELLA 2QT MULTICOOKER
- BELLA 6 QT 10 IN-1 PROGRAMMABLE MULTI-COOKER, STAINLESS STEEL
- BELLA 8 QT 10 IN-1 PROGRAMMABLE MULTI-COOKER, STAINLESS STEEL
- BELLA PRO SERIES 6QT 10 IN-1 PROGRAMMABLE MULTI COOKER
- BELLA 5 QT PRESSURE COOKER
- BELLA 6 QT 10 IN 1 MULTI COOKER
- BELLA 8 QT 10 IN 1 MULTI COOKER
Related Article: Pressure Cooker Lawsuit Update
General Pressure Cooker Statistics:
According to the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System, the majority of pressure cooker users are over the age of 30, with 46% of injured parties between the ages of 30 and 50, and 10% between 51 and 70. In 2008, of 39 sampled cases of pressure cooker-associated emergency room visits, 17 involved injuries where the pressure cooker either exploded or liquids burst from the pot, causing burns. The remaining 22 involved contact burns or steam burns.
There have been several recalls of pressure cookers in recent years due to safety concerns, including:
- FagorSplendid Chef: Over 400,000 were recalled from 2007-2015, with more than 70 burn injuries reported.
- Tristar Pressure Cooker: Recall of 145,000 units in 2012 due to lid detachments caused by excess pressure buildup, resulting in 29 reports of injuries.
- Power Pressure Cooker XL: Recall nearly 1 million cookers in 2018 due to explosion and malfunction complaints.
- Instant Pot Gem 65: Some batches were recalled in 2018 for potential fire risk from overheating.
- Crock-Pot Express Crock: 2019 recall of 119,000 units following 99 incidents of the lid detaching violently.
Bella Pressure Cooker Recall
As claimed by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, on August 10, 2023, Sensio Inc. issued a nationwide recall  for about 860,000 electric and stovetop pressure cookers over concerns that.
The pressure cooker’s lid can unlock and be removed during use, causing the hot contents to unexpectedly splash out, posing a burn hazard to consumers, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Sensio has received 63 reports of incidents, including 61 burn injuries, some of which involved second and third degree burns to the face, torso, arms, and hands.
Products affected by the recall include:
|Electric Pressure Cooker Item No.
|Stovetop Pressure Cooker Model No.
|Bella Pro Series
What Causes Pressure Cooker Explosions?
Electric pressure cookers are susceptible to exploding due to various factors, often linked to design flaws or manufacturing errors, resulting in malfunction during the cooking process and dispersing hot food and debris unpredictably throughout the kitchen.
Some prevalent causes of pressure cooker explosions include:
- Overheating: Prolonged unattended cooking or excessive heat levels can trigger pressure cooker explosions, despite safety mechanisms intended to prevent such incidents.
- Faulty Pressure Release Valves: Malfunctioning pressure release valves may fail to adequately discharge accumulated pressure, leading to dangerous pressure build-up and potential explosions.
- Defective Gaskets: The gasket, crucial for maintaining an airtight seal between the lid and the cooker, may degrade over time or suffer damage, compromising pressure containment and increasing explosion risks.
- Excessive Pressure Buildup: Monitoring pressure levels through gauges and listening for abnormal sounds like hissing or steam release can help detect and prevent accidents resulting from excessive pressure build-up.
- Improper Lid Seals or Locks: Inadequate sealing or locking of the lid can result in explosions, causing severe burns to individuals in proximity.
- Improper Ventilation: Insufficient ventilation can impede the safe release of steam, potentially leading to catastrophic pressure cooker injuries.
- Faulty Wiring: Design flaws leading to faulty wiring may cause malfunctions or fires, posing burn injury risks.
- Digital Indication Malfunctions: Malfunctions in digital displays may provide inaccurate information, leading users to mistakenly believe it's safe to open the cooker, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
Legal recourse may be pursued with the assistance of a product liability attorney to seek compensation for injuries sustained due to pressure cooker malfunctions. If you've experienced such incidents, don't hesitate to contact our legal team for guidance and support.
Pressure Cooker Injuries
- Severe burns to the arms, legs, face, and other parts of the body
- Scars and disfigurement
- Damages to kitchen walls, cabinets, and floors
- And more
Bella Multicooker Lawsuit Burn Injury Lawsuit Filed in New York
In August 2023, a products liability lawsuit  was filed against Sensio, Inc. alleging that the company manufactured a defective pressure cooker. The complaint was filed on behalf of Plaintiff Victoria Trinidad, a California resident who claims that a Bella Multicooker caused her severe burn injuries.
The Bella multicooker's lid can be removable while there is still pressure within the product, the complaint states. If the pressure cooker lid is removed while there is still heat and steam trapped inside, the scalding hot contents could be projected from the unit onto bystanders.
The Complaint also alleges that Ms. Trinidad's burn injuries were caused by Sensio, Inc.'s Bella multicooker when she was able to remove the pressure cooker lid while it was still under pressure.
- Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Case
- Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker Lawsuit
- Tower Pressure Cooker Explosion Litigation
See all related product liability lawsuits our attorneys covered so far.
Get a Free Bella Pressure Cooker Lawsuit Evaluation with our Lawyers
The Product Liability Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Bella Pressure Cooker Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new burn injury cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a pressure cooker, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.