Sadly, forklift accidents are ubiquitous in the American workplace: over 20,000 workers in the United States suffer serious injury and death in forklift-related accidents each year.
Free Fork Lift Injury Accident Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury or death as the result of the use of a forklift, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
A forklift is often the most dangerous piece of equipment that can be found in a typical manufacturing facility, warehouse, grocery store, or construction site. Although heavy, its small size makes it prone to falling over on uneven surfaces, and its speed can contribute to collisions with people and property. Proper maintenance and operator safety training are essential to minimize forklift accidents.
Forklift Accident Statistics
The following is the percentage of forklift accidents broken down by category:
- 26% of forklift accidents are caused by the forklift tipping over
- 18% of forklift accidents involve employees or pedestrians being hit by forklifts
- 14% of forklift accidents occur by the load falling off of the forklift
- 14% of forklift accidents occur when forklifts are used to elevate people
- 7% of forklift accidents occur due to forklifts accidentally being driven off loading docks, or due to workplace design which is hazardous for forklift use
- 7% of forklift accidents occur due of improper maintenance of the forklift
- 3% of forklift accidents occur because of loss of forklift control by the operator
- 3% of forklift accidents occur because of improper use of fork lift
The Occupational Safety & Hazard Association (OSHA) has a standard training and evaluation program that all forklift operators must complete before they are can operate a forklift. If an employer chooses not to follow the OSHA guidelines, they can be found negligent. It is the employer's responsibility to notify untrained and unlicensed employees that forklifts are off limits.
- Types of Forklift Accidents
- Skid Steer Loader Accident Claim
- Bulldozer Injury Accident Lawsuit
- What Is the Most Common Type of Lift Truck Accident?
Contact us today to talk to an experienced personal injury attorney to learn more about your legal rights.
Do I have a Fork Lift Injury Accident Lawsuit?
The Personal Injury & Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in forklift injury accident lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.