FREE Case Review (866) 588-0600

Atripla Lawsuit | Get the Right Lawyer

Side effects of the HIV medication Atripla (generic: efavirenz + tenofovir DF + FTC) may include bone fractures and kidney disease.
Awards & recognition

Lawsuits are now being filed against Gilead Sciences alleging that Atripla and its other tenofovir-containing HIV medications have the potential to cause toxicity to the kidneys and bones.

Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured by Atripla side effects, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.

What is Atripla?

Atripla (generic:efavirenz/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate/emtricitabine) treats human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the infection that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It doesn't cure HIV or AIDS, but instead may slow the disease progress and prolong life. Atripla is manufactured by Gilead Sciences, and was approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in July 2006.

What’s the Problem?

Lawsuits allege that tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), one of the active ingredients in Atripla, contributes to kidney problems and bone demineralization due to compromised bone density, which has led to bone fractures and other serious side effects in some patients.

Atripla Side Effects

  • Bone demineralization
  • Loss of bone density
  • Bone fractures
  • Osteopenia
  • Osteoporosis
  • Kidney damage
  • Kidney toxicity
  • Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
  • Kidney failure (renal failure)
  • And more

Which Other HIV Drugs Contain Tenofovir?

In addition to Atripla, other HIV Medications that contain tenofovir include:

Has Atripla Been Recalled?

No. Despite the risk of serious side effects from Atripla and tenofovir, no recall has been issued for it or any other HIV medication in its class. However, in Oct. 2018, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) downgraded Atripla from a “recommended” regimen to an “alternative” regimen for people just beginning antiretroviral therapy (ART).

Can I File an Atripla Lawsuit?

Only a qualified attorney can determine whether you are eligible to file a lawsuit against Gilead Sciences, the maker of Atripla, which is why we are currently offering free case evaluations. Simply fill out the confidential evaluation form below to contact our law firm now.

Most cases involving pharmaceuticals allege that a drug was sold with design, manufacturing, and/or marketing defects, which typically refers to a company’s failure to warn of a certain side effect. In the case of Atripla, our attorneys suspect that patients may be able to take legal action in light of claims that Gilead failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about the risk of kidney damage and bone problems.

Can I File an Atripla Class Action?

How Can Filing a Lawsuit Help Me?

By filing a lawsuit against the maker of Atripla, you may be entitled to collect compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your injury, as well as for damages for pain and suffering. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help hold the drug’s manufacturer accountable for releasing an allegedly defective drug into the marketplace, and to discourage other pharmaceutical companies from engaging in similar conduct.

Do I have an Atripla Lawsuit?

The Pharmaceutical Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Atripla lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new kidney disease and bone fracture cases in all 50 states.

Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you were harmed by the side effects of Atripla, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.

Free Confidential Case Evaluation

Verified 100% Secure SiteTo contact us for a free review of your potential case, please fill out the form below or call us toll free 24 hrs/day by dialing: (866) 588-0600.