What’s the Problem?
According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), this recall affects:
- 2018-2020 Altec D2 Digger Derrick
- 2018-2020 Altec D3 Digger Derrick
- 2018-2020 Altec D4 Digger Derrick
- 2018-2020 Altec DH-B Digger Derrick
- 2018-2020 Altec DH-H Digger Derrick
- 2018-2020 Altec AA55 Aerial Device
- 2018-2020 Altec AM50 Aerial Device
- 2018-2020 Altec A77 Aerial Device
The bolts that secure the pedestal to the turntable (with head marking 5185) on affected Digger Derricks may fail, NHTSA said. If the fasteners break, the pedestal may separate from turntable, increasing the risk of injury or death.
Altec is notifying owners and dealers will provide replacement fasteners if necessary, free of charge. This recall began on July 7, 2020.
Do I Have an Altec Digger Derrick Lawsuit?
The Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Altec Digger Derrick Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled Altec Digger Derrick, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.