A Torrance, CA establishment is currently recalling a variety of Masago (Capelin Roe) products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The products in question were distributed to retail stores in Los Angeles, Baltimore, Atlanta and Mexico. Consumers who have purchased Yamaya Masago included in this recall should not consume it - even if it appears normal - and discard it immediately or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Free Yamaya USA, Inc. Masago Recall Suit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been severely sickened after consuming Yamaya Masago included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
October 20, 2011 - The U.S. Food & Drug Administration issued a press release today announcing that YAMAYA USA, INC of Torrance, CA is recalling Masago (Capelin Roe) because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The Masago being recalled was packed in 2lb plastic containers. The products can be identified by labeling that says ‘Yamaya USA, Inc’ and ‘Item No. 09867’
This recall was initiated as the result of routine microbiological sampling by the FDA that revealed the Masago contained Listeria monocytogenes. Yamaya has ceased the production and distribution of the product as the FDA continues its investigation to identify the source of the outbreak. To date, there have been no illnesses reported in connection with this recall.
Tips to Avoid Listeria Food Poisoning
To avoid contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, follow these simple steps:
- wash hands with warm, soapy water before and after handling raw meat and poultry.
- wash all kitchen utensils that come into contact with raw food products with hot, soapy water.
- clean all kitchen spills immediately.
- keep raw meats away from food that will not be cooked.
- use precooked or ready-to-eat food as soon as possible.
- use separate cutting boards for raw meat, poultry, egg products and cooked foods.
- do not eat the following products: hot dogs, luncheon or deli meats (unless they are heated to steaming hot); refrigerated pâté, meat spreads from a meat counter or smoked seafood found in the refrigerated section of the store; raw (unpasteurized) milk and foods containing raw milk; pre-made ham salad, chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad or seafood salad; soft cheeses such as Feta, queso blanco, queso fresco, Brie, Camembert cheeses, blue-veined cheeses and Panela unless it is labeled as made with pasteurized milk.
It is important to note that Listeria monocytogenes can grow in the refrigerator. Your refrigerator should be set at 40 degrees or lower and your freezer should be zero degrees or lower. Use an appliance thermometer to check the temperature of your refrigerator.
Do You Have a Yamaya USA, Inc. Masago Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Yamaya USA, Inc. Masago recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria food poisoning cases in all 50 states.
Free Yamaya USA, Inc. Masago Recall Suit Evaluation:If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with listeria food poisoning after consuming Yamaya USA Masago included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.