Recent studies have found that people who take the anticoagulant drug Xarelto (generic: rivaroxaban) could be at an increased risk of developing severe health complications including gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding, which may become life-threatening. Symptoms of internal bleeding may include unusual swelling or bruising, abdominal pain, coughing up blood and nosebleeds. This article discusses how episodes of gastrointestinal bleeding may be treated.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one developed gastrointestinal bleeding after taking Xarelto, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
How Can Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleeding be Treated?
Depending on the course and location of a patient’s gastrointestinal bleeding, a number of treatment options may be available including:
- Endoscopic Thermal Probe – Can stop bleeding from ulcers and other GI problems by burning the blood vessel or abnormal tissue(s).
- Argon Plasma Coagulation & Radio-Frequency Ablation – Thermal techniques implemented for the treatment of blood vessels in the stomach, small intestines & colon.
- Endoscopic Clips – Used to close a bleeding vessel or other gastrointestinal abnormality.
- Endoscopic Band Ligation – Uses specialized bands to treat bleeding hemorrhoids / esophageal blood vessels.
- Endoscopic Cryotherapy – Can be used to freeze abnormal blood vessels.
- Endoscopic Intravariceal Cyanoacrylate Injection – Uses a special glue to treat stomach bleeds.
- Angiographic Embolization – Injects particles into blood vessels to stop GI bleeds.
If gastrointestinal bleeding persists after treatment, surgical intervention may be required.
Do I Have a Xarelto Gastrointestinal Bleeding Lawsuit?
The Pharmaceutical Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Xarelto Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new gastrointestinal bleeding cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: Again, if you were injured by Xarelto side effects, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.