Our lawyers are accepting potential lawsuits on behalf of people who suffered a brain hemorrhage after taking Xarelto (generic: rivaroxaban), a blood-thinning drug. A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke that occurs when an artery in the brain bursts, causing localized bleeding in the surrounding tissues. This bleeding kills brain cells, and can lead to permanent brain damage if it is not treated immediately.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one was injured by Xarelto side effects, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
What is a Brain Hemorrhage?
When blood from trauma flows into the brain’s tissues, it can leading to swelling. This condition is referred to as cerebral edema. The pooled blood then accumulates into a mass called a hematoma. This increases pressure on nearby brain tissues, reducing blood flow and killing brain cells.
What Causes Brain Bleeds?
Because Xarelto interferes with the body’s ability to form blood clots, it may increase the risk of bleeding in the brain. Other factors that may increase the risk of hemorrhage include:
- Head Trauma – Severe injuries are the most common cause of bleeding in the brain for individuals who are under the age of 50.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) – Over a long period of time, high blood pressure can weaken blood vessel walls. Untreated hypertension is a leading preventable cause of brain hemorrhage.
- Aneurism – Weakening in a blood vessel wall that causes excessive swelling. Aneurisms can break and bleed into the brain, leading to a stroke.
- Arteriovenous Malformation – Weaknesses in blood vessels in the brain that may be congenital (present at birth) and diagnosed only if symptoms appear.
- Amyloid Angiopathy – Abnormality of the blood vessel walls that can occur with advanced age and hypertension. Amyloid Angiopathies can cause small, unnoticed bleeds before causing a large one.
- Blood Disorders – Hemophilia and sickle cell anemia can both cause low blood platelet levels.
- Liver Disease – Condition linked to excessive internal bleeding.
Brain Hemorrhage Symptoms
- Severe headache that is unlike other headaches
- Weakness in an arm or leg
- Vision changes
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty swallowing
- Loss of fine motor skills
- Loss of coordination/balance
- Loss of consciousness
Do I Have a Xarelto Brain Hemorrhage Lawsuit?
The Pharmaceutical Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Xarelto Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new brain hemorrhage cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one was injured by Xarelto side effects, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a class action suit and our lawyers can help.