There have been reports of blood clots associated with Xarelto (generic: rivaroxaban), the exact complication this blood-thinning drug is supposed to prevent. Xarelto is typically prescribed to patients under age the age of 66, particularly to those who have recently undergone hip or knee replacement surgery. Most frequently, the clots linked to Xarelto were pulmonary emboli, a life-threatening emergency that occurs when a blood clot becomes trapped in the lungs.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one developed a blood clot after taking Xarelto, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
What can Increase my Risk of Developing a Blood Clot?
In addition to taking Xarelto, these factors can increase a person’s risk of developing a blood clot:
- Becoming paralyzed
- Sitting / being bedridden for extended periods of time
Surgery / Trauma
- Major surgery, especially if it’s performed in the pelvis, abdomen, hip or knee area
- Bone fractures requiring a cast
- Catheter use
Increased Estrogen Levels
- Birth control pills and other contraceptive products
- Pregnancy, including up to six weeks after the baby is born
- Estrogen and progestin hormone replacement therapy
- Cancer and chemotherapy treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Inflammatory disorders such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Nephrotic Syndrome (kidney disorder)
Other Blood Clot Risk Factors
- Prior blood clots
- Family history of clots
- Inherited predisposition for clotting disorders
- Older age
- Varicose veins
Do I Have a Xarelto Blood Clot Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Xarelto Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new blood clot cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one was injured by Xarelto side effects, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a class action suit and we can help.