When it first hit the market in July 2011, Xarelto (generic: rivaroxaban) was considered to be a revolutionary new blood-thinner drug, because it supposedly requires less intensive patient monitoring than its predecessors. However, in the short time since its approval, Xarelto has been linked to uncontrollable internal bleeding events and other serious side effects.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one were injured by Xarelto, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and we can help.
What are the Complications of Internal Bleeding?
Depending upon where it occurs, if Xarelto bleeding is not diagnosed quickly, it may cause organ failure, shock, and even death. For example:
- If bleeding occurs in the chest and/or abdomen, the body may be depleted of enough circulating red blood cells to compromise oxygen delivery to the body (a condition called shock). If this bleeding is not stopped quickly, and if fluid resuscitation and blood transfusion are not performed, the patient may lapse into a coma and die.
- Bleeding in the brain may not cause permanent damage, but if it continues long enough to cause increased pressure, enough brain tissue may be damaged to cause a stroke, coma or death.
You may be at an increased risk of developing internal bleeding if you:
- Are 75 or older
- Have stomach ulcers
- Have gastrointestinal (GI) issues
- Have had internal bleeding in the past
- Use Xarelto or other blood-thinning medicine
Do I Have a Xarelto Bleeding Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Xarelto Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new bleeding cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: Again, if you or a loved one was injured by Xarelto side effects, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a class action suit and our lawyers can help.