The legal team of oilfield injury lawyers at Schmidt & Clark, LLP is dedicated to protecting the rights of injured oil rig workers and is one of the only firms with knowledge of maritime law willing to pursue justice in these practice areas in Washington and throughout the entire United States.
Is There Oil in Washington State?
The state of Washington does not have any crude oil reserves or production. Even though oil exploration in Washington began in the early 20th century, prospectors found only small quantities of crude, and the state has not produced any oil whatsoever since the early 1960s.
Where Does Washington Get its Electricity?
Natural gas, non-hydroelectric renewable resources, nuclear energy, and coal provide the vast majority of Washington's in-state electricity generation. Natural gas is the 2nd-largest source of net generation in the state, which fueled more than 10% of its total electricity generation in 2022.
Related Article: What Causes Oil Field Injuries?
Where Does Washington State Get Its Natural Gas?
Washington relies mainly on natural gas produced in Canada and transported to the state via pipeline. Canada's Sumas Center is the main natural gas trading and transportation hub for the Pacific Northwest.
Washington Energy Profile Facts
- The Grand Coulee Dam on Washington's Columbia River is the largest power plant in America, and the 7th-largest hydroelectric power plant in the world. The dam supplies more than 20 million megawatt hours of electricity each year to 8 U.S. states and portions of Canada.
- Washington produced a greater share of electricity from hydropower than any other state and accounted for nearly one-third of U.S. hydroelectric generation in 2022.
- Washington has the 5th-largest crude oil refining capacity in America and can process nearly 650,000 barrels of oil per day at the state's 5 refineries.
- In 2021, Washington used less natural gas than approximately 50% of U.S. states, and in 2020, the state used less than all but 4 other states and the District of Columbia.
- Washington is part of the West Coast Electric Highway, an extensive network of public electric vehicle DC fast charging and Level 2 charging stations along the West Coast, from British Columbia to the California-Mexico border.
Workplace Injuries and Illnesses in Washington 2021
Private industry employers reported at least 77,600 nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in the state of Washington in 2021, resulting in an incidence rate of 3.5 cases per 100 full-time equivalent workers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Washington was among 19 U.S. states that had an incidence rate of total recordable cases (TRC) significantly greater than the national rate of 2.7.
Of the 77,600 cases reported in Washington, 51,000 were of a severe nature, involving days away from work, job transfer, or restriction ("DART" cases). These cases occurred at a rate of 2.3 cases per 100 full-time workers, BLS said. Approximately 65% of the DART cases were incidents that resulted in a minimum of 1 day away from work, compared to 66% nationwide.
- West Virginia Oil Field Accident and Injury Lawyer
- Wisconsin Oil Field Accident and Injury Attorney
- Virginia Oil Field Accident and Injury Lawsuit
See all the personal injury and accident lawsuits our lawyers have taken on.
Get a Free Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Washington Oil Field Accident and Injury Lawyers
The personal injury lawyers at Schmidt & Clark, LLP, have experience dealing with the rights of American oilfield workers, and we are one of the only firms willing to handle oilfield workplace accidents in Washington and throughout the entire United States.
Again, if you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an oilfield accident in Washington, you should contact our oil field accident lawyers immediately by using the form below or calling our law firm toll-free 24 hrs/day by dialing (866) 588-0600 to schedule a free case review and legal options.
Clients may be able to recover fair compensation for medical expenses from an oil company in a lawsuit and a personal injury lawyer can help.