For Victoza users suffering from pancreatitis, symptoms may include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, and weight loss. While mild cases of pancreatitis may resolve by themselves, more severe cases may lead to full-blown pancreatic cancer. Depending on the severity of the disease and the personal preferences of the patient, treatment for Victoza pancreatitis symptoms may include fasting, pain medications, IV fluids, or surgical removal of the pancreas.
Free Victoza Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking Victoza, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of Victoza and we can help.
What Symptoms Does Victoza Pancreatitis Cause?
Over time, pancreatitis affects the way a person’s body functions. The condition causes symptoms which may vary greatly from case to case, and patients suffering from it should watch closely for anything different they feel going on with their bodies. Signs and symptoms of Victoza-induced pancreatitis may include:
- Abdominal pain – Characterized by a severe burning feeling in the stomach area that may come and go intermittently. Each time the pain returns, it becomes increasingly worse.
- Abdominal pain radiating to the back – Severe pain that travels from the abdomen to the back, kidneys, and/or spinal cord. In some cases, this pain can cause the person to faint or fall into a coma.
- Vomiting – Symptom typically preceded by nausea, churning stomach, and the urge to throw up. Vomiting episodes caused by Victoza pancreatitis may last until the patient’s stomach is totally empty.
- Fever – Caused by the body’s immune system fighting back against the disease.
- Heart / respiratory issues – Pancreatitis has the potential to force the heart to pump blood rapidly, which results in quick breathing and other respiratory side effects.
Other, more moderate symptoms of Victoza pancreatitis may include:
- tenderness when touching the abdomen
- oily, smelly stools (steatorrhea)
- weight loss
- increased urination
- greater food cravings
Do I Have a Victoza Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Victoza lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Victoza pancreatic cancer cases in all 50 states.
Free Victoza Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking Victoza, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Victoza suit and we can help.