Table Of Contents
What is the B. Braun VenaTech LGM IVC Filter?
The VenaTech LGM inferior vena cava filter was designed as a permanent IVC filter to prevent clot migration and pulmonary embolism. This filter has been discontinued; however, thousands of patients remain implanted with the potentially dangerous device.
The Vena Tech LGM filter was first developed and released in France by LG Medical; the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the filter in 1989.
PRESERVE IVC Filter Study
The PRESERVE clinical trial began enrolling patients in December 2015, and includes approximately 2,100 IVC filter patients across the United States — including about 300 implanted with the B. Braun VenaTech IVC filter. Researchers in the ongoing study will track patient outcomes to determine the safety and effectiveness of many types of IVC filters.
- B. Braun IVC Filter Suit
- Tempofilter IVC Filter Lawsuit
- Tempofilter II IVC Filter Litigation
- VenaTech LP IVC Filter Lawsuit
See all related defective medical device litigations our lawyers are currently accepting.
IVC Filter Complications
- IVC Filter Fracture
- IVC Perforation, Puncture or Serious Damage to the Heart, Lungs or Vena Cava
- Internal Bleeding
- Blood clots
- Deep Venous Thrombosis
- Cardiac or Pericardial Tamponade
- Ventricle Tachycardia
- Lower Limb DVT
- Hematoma or Nerve Injury at the Puncture Site
- Constant and Severe Pain in the Heart, Chest or Elsewhere in the Body
- Pulmonary Embolism
Vena Cava Filter Lawsuit Allegations
Thousands of individual and class action product liability lawsuits have been filed against B. Braun other IVC filter manufacturers for compensation over injuries that patients suffered after receiving the devices. Allegations of wrongdoing against these manufacturers include:
- The filters have design and manufacturing defects.
- Manufacturers failed to warn patients of the potentially serious risks of these medical devices.
- Manufacturers breached the implied warranty on the IVC filters.
- Manufacturers and marketing companies promoting these devices were negligent.
Get a Free VenaTech LGM IVC Filter Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Lawyers
The Medical Device Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in VenaTech LGM IVC filter lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new IVC filter complications cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential VenaTech LGM IVC Filter Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has had an IVC filter implanted, you should contact our law firm immediately. Our lawyers are evaluating every individual case regardless of whether you have been injured or not. So, if you have received an IVC filter implant, we would like to speak with you. You may be entitled to financial compensation by filing an IVC Filter Lawsuit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.