FREE Case Review (866) 588-0600

Vaping Bronchitis Obliterans Lawsuit | Get the Right Lawyer

Vaping may increase the risk of the incurable lung disease bronchitis obliterans, commonly known as ‘popcorn lung’, according to a new study by the Harvard School of Public Health.
Awards & recognition

A new study from researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health has found that vaping could increase the risk of an incurable lung disease called bronchitis obliterans, commonly known as ‘popcorn lung’.

Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you were diagnosed with bronchitis obliterans after vaping, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and our lawyers can help.

Update: Vaping Ads Target Kids, CDC Says

January 6, 2016 - Vape use among teenagers is soaring due to massive spending on advertising, according to this month's Vital Signs from the CDC. The agency reports that the trend threatens decades of progress made in preventing children from smoking.

Vaping Linked to Incurable Lung Disease, Study Finds

According to the study, which was published December 8 in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, 75% of flavored e-cigarettes tested contained diacetyl, a chemical that causes bronchitis obliterans. Though diacetyl is most commonly associated with providing the buttery flavor in microwave popcorn, the chemical is also found in vape liquids. In the study, 47 of the 51 leading vape brands and liquids tested contained diacetyl.

“Since most of the health concerns about e-cigarettes have focused on nicotine, there is still much we do not know about e-cigarettes,” said David Christiani, co-author of the study. “In addition to containing varying levels of the addictive substance nicotine, they also contain other cancer-causing chemicals, such as formaldehyde, and as our study shows, flavoring chemicals that can cause lung damage.”

Bronchitis Obliterans Symptoms

Bronchitis obliterans is a lung disease in which the bronchioles (airway branches in the lungs) become blocked by granulation tissue. The condition is sometimes misdiagnosed as asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia or emphysema because of its symptoms, which may include:

  • Irritation to the eyes, mucous membranes and respiratory system
  • Dyspnea (shortness of breath)
  • Fatigue
  • Fever / aches
  • Skin irritation

Colorado Man Awarded $7M in Popcorn Lung Lawsuit

In 2012, Wayne Watson of Centennial, Colorado, was awarded $7 million in damages as a result of developing bronchitis obliterans after years of inhaling the smell of artificial butter in microwave popcorn. The jury found the popcorn maker, Gilster-Mary Lee Corp., 80% at fault, and the parent companies of the King Soopers' supermarket where Watson bought the popcorn - Dillon Foods and Kroger - split the other 20%.

In 2004, a jury awarded 32-year-old Eric Peoples, an employee at the Gilster-Mary Lee factory in Jasper, Missouri, $20 million for lung damage he sustained while manufacturing buttered popcorn at the plant. At the time, nearly 30 other company employees had lawsuits pending.

Choose our lawyers

Have you or a loved one been unreasonably injured by a dangerous or defective consumer product?

Vape Side Effects

  • Bronchiolitis Obliterans (aka Popcorn Lung)
  • Fixed Airway Obstruction
  • Chronic Bronchitis
  • Asthma
  • Diseases of the Small Airways
  • Seizures
  • Pneumonia
  • Congestive heart failure (CHF)
  • Hypotension
  • Additional health problems

Vaping No Safer than Smoking Tobacco, Study Finds

December 29, 2015 - Electronic cigarette vapor damages DNA in ways that could increase users' risk of cancer, according to a recent study published in Oral Oncology. Human cells exposed to the vapors experienced DNA strand breaks, apoptosis and necrosis far sooner than untreated cells.

Do I Have a Vaping and Bronchitis Obliterans Lawsuit?

The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in vaping lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new bronchitis obliterans cases in all 50 states.

Free Confidential Case Evaluation: Again, if you got bronchitis obliterans from vaping, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a class action suit and our lawyers can help.

Free Confidential Case Evaluation

Verified 100% Secure SiteTo contact us for a free review of your potential case, please fill out the form below or call us toll free 24 hrs/day by dialing: (866) 588-0600.