Update: Triple E Motorhomes Recalled Over Fire Hazard
Triple E is recalling the following motorhomes for a potential electrical defect which could increase the risk of a fire:
- 2019-2020 Triple E Wonder W24FTB
- 2019-2020 Triple E Wonder W24RTB
- 2019-2020 Triple E Wonder W24MB
“The Multiplex G9 electronic control center can fail if excessive voltage is applied,” NHTSA said. “Excessive voltage can cause overheating, increasing the risk of a fire.”
This recall began on Nov. 26, 2020.
What’s the Problem?
According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), this recall affects:
- 2019-2020 Triple E Serenity S24CB
- 2019-2021 Triple E Unity U24MB
- 2019-2020 Triple E Unity U24RL
- 2019-2020 Triple E Unity U24FX
- 2019-2020 Triple E Unity U24CB
- 2019-2020 Triple E Unity U24IB
- 2019-2020 Triple E Unity U24TB
- 2019-2021 Triple E Wonder W24FTB
- 2019-2021 Triple E Wonder W24RTB
- 2019-2021 Triple E Wonder W24RL
- 2019-2021 Triple E Wonder W24MB
An incorrect brass connector was used on the propane connection to the flared connection of the Truma water heater fitting on the recalled motorhomes, NHTSA said. The connector did not have the correct bevel to seal to the Truma water heater swivel fitting. The wrong connector may cause a propane leak to occur, increasing the risk of a fire.
Triple E is notifying owners and dealers will replace the incorrect brass connector with the correct brass connector (part number 115-3219), free of charge.
This recall began on November 17, 2020.
Do I Have a Triple E Motorhome Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Triple E Motorhome Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.