For testosterone users who have suffered a stroke, the highest priority is to limit the severity of complications and to prevent another stroke. A medical team must determine that the patient is stable and able to resume some normal self-care activities. For this to occur, all complications must be treated and under control.
Free Testosterone Stroke Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a stroke after taking a testosterone supplement, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of the testosterone booster and we can help.
What are the Potential Complications of a Stroke?
Certain things happen as a result of injury to the brain due to a testosterone-induced stroke. Others occur because of a change in the patient’s abilities. For example, being unable to move around normally can cause bedsores. Depression has also been reported in patients who suffer a stroke. However, the most common complications associated with a stroke are:
- Brain edema – Swelling on the brain that occurs as the result of a stroke. Edema is typically treated with a combination of rest, ice, elevation, prescription medications and removal of excess fluids.
- Pneumonia – Chest infection affects up to 30% of stroke patients, many of whom go on to develop pneumonia. This significantly increases the risk of morbidity and mortality in this patient population. Pneumonia causes the highest attributable mortality of all complications following a stroke.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) – Common complication that occurs after an acute stroke. UTIs have been associated with urinary catheterization, post-stroke disability and older age. Avoidance of catheterization may help to reduce the incidence of urinary tract infections in stroke patients.
- Seizure – Sudden episode of abnormal electric activity in the brain. Stroke is the most common cause of seizure in older patients, and about 10% of stroke survivors suffer a seizure after a stroke. Symptoms of a seizure may include spasms or convulsions.
- Clinical depression – Can be caused by biochemical changes in the brain resulting from a testosterone stroke. When the brain is injured, the survivor may not be able to feel positive emotions, which can lead to depression. Depression can also be a normal reaction to the losses caused by a stroke.
- Bedsores – The state of altered sensation caused by a stroke can lead to the development of bed sores. These are painful localized lesions caused by unrelieved pressure to body tissues, which eventually result in damage to the underlying tissues.
Can I File a Testosterone Stroke Lawsuit?
Only a qualified attorney can determine whether you are eligible to file a Testosterone Lawsuit, which is why we are currently offering free case evaluations. Simply fill out the confidential evaluation form below to contact our law firm now.
Most cases involving pharmaceuticals allege that a drug was sold with design, manufacturing, and/or marketing defects, which typically refers to a company’s failure to warn of a certain side effect. In the case of testosterone supplements, our attorneys suspect that patients may be able to take legal action in light of claims that manufacturers failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about the risk of stroke.
How Can Filing a Lawsuit Help Me?
By filing a lawsuit against the maker of a testosterone replacement therapy product, you may be entitled to collect compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your stroke, as well as for damages for pain and suffering. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help hold the drug’s manufacturer accountable for releasing an allegedly defective drug into the marketplace, and to discourage other pharmaceutical companies from engaging in similar conduct.
Do I have a Testosterone Stroke Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Testosterone lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Testosterone stroke cases in all 50 states.
Free Testosterone Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one had a stroke after taking a testosterone supplement, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Testosterone Stroke Suit and we can help.