For testosterone users who have suffered a heart attack, prompt medical treatment is critical to limit damage to the heart muscle. If the initial symptoms are recognized and treated right away, lives can be saved. Medical personnel can begin diagnosis and treatment before the patient even reaches the hospital.
Free Testosterone Heart Attack Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a heart attack after taking a testosterone supplement, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of the testosterone booster and we can help.
How is a Heart Attack Treated?
A number of treatment methods may be started right away if a testosterone heart attack is suspected, even before an official diagnosis is made. These include:
- Aspirin – Thins the blood and prevents clotting.
- Nitroglycerin – Reduces the heart muscle’s workload and increases blood circulation throughout the coronary arteries.
- Oxygen therapy – Initiated by paramedics during transfer and before the patient’s first contact with a doctor. Oxygen is widely recommended in international guidelines for treatment of acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Treatment for chest pain – Most patients with angina have a pattern to their attacks that they can recognize. If you and your physician have made a home treatment plan for angina attacks, follow that protocol. If the pain gets worse or does not go away, call 9-1-1 right away.
Once a heart attack has been diagnosed, treatment will be initiated to restore blood flow to the heart. The 2 main treatments are clot-busting drugs and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), a procedure used to open blocked coronary arteries.
Clot Busters – Thrombolytic drugs may be used to dissolve blood clots that are inhibiting blood flow to the coronary arteries. Clot busters should be administered within a few hours of the initial symptoms of a heart attack.
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (Coronary Angioplasty) – PCI is a non-surgical operation that opens obstructed coronary arteries. A flexible tube with a balloon is threaded through a blood vessel (typically in the groin) to the blocked coronary artery. Once in place, the balloon is inflated to compress the plaque against the wall of the artery, which restores blood flow.
Other Testosterone Heart Attack Treatments
- Beta blockers – Used to relieve chest pain and discomfort, as well as to help prevent future heart attacks. Beta blockers are also used to treat arrythmias and decrease the heart’s workload.
- ACE inhibitors – Lower blood pressure and decrease strain on the heart muscle. ACE inhibitors also help to slow weakening of the heart.
- Blood Thinners – Prevent blood clots from developing in the arteries. Anticoagulants also keep existing clots from becoming bigger.
- Anti-Clotting Drugs – Stop platelets from accumulating and forming blood clots. Examples of anti-clotting drugs include aspirin and clopidogrel.
Can I File a Testosterone Heart Attack Lawsuit?
Only a qualified attorney can determine whether you are eligible to file a Testosterone Lawsuit, which is why we are currently offering free case evaluations. Simply fill out the confidential evaluation form below to contact our law firm now.
Most cases involving pharmaceuticals allege that a drug was sold with design, manufacturing, and/or marketing defects, which typically refers to a company’s failure to warn of a certain side effect. In the case of testosterone supplements, our attorneys suspect that patients may be able to take legal action in light of claims that manufacturers failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about the risk of heart attack.
How Can Filing a Lawsuit Help Me?
By filing a lawsuit against the maker of a testosterone replacement therapy product, you may be entitled to collect compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your heart attack, as well as for damages for pain and suffering. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help hold the drug’s manufacturer accountable for releasing an allegedly defective drug into the marketplace, and to discourage other pharmaceutical companies from engaging in similar conduct.
Do I have a Testosterone Heart Attack Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Testosterone lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Testosterone heart attack cases in all 50 states.
Free Testosterone Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one had a heart attack after taking a testosterone supplement, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Testosterone Heart Attack Suit and we can help.