Recent studies have found that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) supplements can increase users’ hematocrit, red blood cell count and hemoglobin. This ups the percentage of red blood cells in the body, and increases the risk of blood clot formation. This article discusses the potential complications of a testosterone-induced blood clot.
Free Testosterone Blood Clot Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after taking a testosterone supplement, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of the testosterone booster and we can help.
What are the Complications of a Testosterone Blood Clot?
Potential blood clot complications may include:
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE) – Occurs when a blood clot in a leg vein breaks away from the implant site and becomes trapped in the lungs. Symptoms of a pulmonary embolism may include shortness of breath, chest pain, coughing up blood and fainting. Clots that develop in the deep veins of the legs cause approximately 90% of pulmonary emboli.
- Postthrombotic Syndrome – Long-term condition that occurs after a blood clot has been treated. Symptoms include pain, swelling, changes in skin color and sores. Postthrombotic syndrome occurs in about one-quarter of patients who have suffered a blood clot in the leg, and increases the risk for a deep leg vein thrombosis.
- Renal Vein Thrombosis – Blood clot in the veins leading to the kidney.
- Leg Amputation – May be necessary when blood and oxygen are unable to reach the leg or foot because one or more blood clots are blocking the flow of blood.
- Right Heart Failure – Occurs when clots in the leg break away and migrate to the lungs, blocking blood flow to the lung. If this condition is not treated, increased pressure in the blood vessels leading to the lungs can cause muscle damage in the right side of the heart.
- Paradoxical embolus – Occurs when a blood clot travels through a patent foramen ovale and gets into the arterial system, causing a heart attack, stroke or other adverse health consequences.
Can I File a Testosterone Blood Clot Lawsuit?
Only a qualified attorney can determine whether you are eligible to file a Testosterone Lawsuit, which is why we are currently offering free case evaluations. Simply fill out the confidential evaluation form below to contact our law firm now.
Most cases involving pharmaceuticals allege that a drug was sold with design, manufacturing, and/or marketing defects, which typically refers to a company’s failure to warn of a certain side effect. In the case of testosterone supplements, our attorneys suspect that patients may be able to take legal action in light of claims that manufacturers failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about the risk of blood clot.
How Can Filing a Lawsuit Help Me?
By filing a lawsuit against the maker of a testosterone replacement therapy product, you may be entitled to collect compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your blood clot, as well as for damages for pain and suffering. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help hold the drug’s manufacturer accountable for releasing an allegedly defective drug into the marketplace, and to discourage other pharmaceutical companies from engaging in similar conduct.
Do I have a Testosterone Blood Clot Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Testosterone lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Testosterone blood clot cases in all 50 states.
Free Testosterone Blood Clot Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one developed a blood clot after taking a testosterone supplement, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Testosterone Suit and we can help.