What's the Problem?
Jan. 9, 2020 - The initial recall was issued by Almark Foods Inc., a Gainesville, Georgia firm that distributed all of the potentially contaminated eggs to dozens of companies across the U.S. Sutherland's Food Service is recalling:
- 20 pound containers of Premium Hard Cooked Peeled Select Whole Eggs - product ID 60020-3 - Use-By date 1/15/2020
If you purchased any eggs that are affected by this recall, you should either throw them away or return them for a refund. To date, at least 7 people in 5 states have been diagnosed with a listeria infection, including 1 person who died, after eating contaminated hard-boiled egg products.
If you or a loved one experienced food poisoning symptoms after eating any of the products listed in the recall, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Key Facts About Listeria Monocytogenes
- Listeriosis is an infection caused by Listeria monocytogenes.
- An estimated 260 Americans die of listeriosis yearly.
- Only immunosuppressed individuals and pregnant women are at risk of a serious case of listeriosis.
- Listeriosis can lead to septicemia or meningitis.
- Pregnant women are 10 times more likely to be infected with Listeria than the general population.
Source: Medical News Today
Do I Have a Sutherland's Egg Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in food borne illness cases. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one got sick after eating recalled hard-boiled eggs, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a lawsuit and we can help.