What's the Problem?
This recall affects Lidl Silvercrest bread makers with IAN 319996, 304926 or 295433, according to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) . The agency is aware of at least 1 report of a bread maker becoming energized.
IAN numbers on the recalled bread makers are printed on a sticker on the bottom of each machine and on the product packaging, CPSC said. ”Silvercrest” is imprinted on the front of the machine.
The recalled bread makers were sold online and at Lidl stores from March 2018 through May 2020 for between $24 and $70.
If you purchased a bread machine that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and return it to the nearest Lidl store for a refund.
This recall began on July 8, 2020.
Related: J Hunt Table Recall Suit
See all related product liability lawsuits our attorneys covered so far.
Safety Tips for Preventing Electric Shocks in the Kitchen
To Prevent an Electric Shock, You Should:
- Do not “flip” the circuit breaker as an On and Off switch. This can cause damage to the breaker.
- Make sure you know how to turn off the power in the event of an emergency.
- Always use dry hands when handling cords or plugs.
- Pull the plug, not the cord, to disconnect it from the outlet.
- If the cord is wet or you are standing in water, remove the cord from the water. Do not plug it in.
- Don’t run cords across walkways, as this can cause damage to the cord.
- Avoid handling a cord or plug that has exposed wiring; a damaged cord should be discarded. Only handle the insulated part of a plug or cord.
- If in doubt, have a licensed electrician evaluate the kitchen wiring, outlets, and switches to verify the system is appropriate for wet environments.
- In wet environments, only use cords with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI’s).
Do I Have a Silvercrest Bread Maker Lawsuit?
The Product Liability Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Silvercrest Bread Maker Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled bread machine, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.