What’s the Problem?
October 21, 2019 -The USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) is warning consumers not to eat certain beef products imported from the Ryding-Regency Meat Packers in Ontario, Canada, due to possible E. coli contamination. The recall affects:
- 8-lb. cardboard box packages containing bulk plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef patties labeled “Shop Rite 100% PURE QUARTER POUND Ground Beef Hamburgers” and a sell by date of 060720.
- 3-lb. cardboard box packages containing plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef patties labeled “Shop Rite 100% PURE Ground Beef Hamburgers” and a sell by date of 060720.
- 2-lb. cardboard box packages containing plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef patties labeled “LANDIS BRAND 100% ALL BEEF PATTIES 8 Quarter Pound Patties” and a sell by date of 060720.
- 10-lb. cardboard box packages containing bulk plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef gyros labeled “DEVANCO FOODS CHICAGO’S FAVORITE” GYROS SLICES (STRIPS) with a case code 159 19.
- 10-lb. cardboard box packages containing bulk plastic wrapped raw frozen ground beef gyros labeled “KRONOS HALAL GYROS STRIPS” HALAL CERTIFIED BEEF GYROS UNCOOKED, IQF STRIPS with a case code 19 159.
- Retail sized (8 patties) cardboard box packages containing “ZIYAD PREMIUM QUALITY Beef Hamburger Patties” with a case code 911541.021541.
- Retail sized (8 kabobs) cardboard box packages containing “ZIYAD PREMIUM QUALITY Uncooked Kufta Kabob” with a case code 911154.021154.
These products were distributed to institutions and retailers in 10 U.S. states including Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
“The U.S. companies that produced these raw non-intact beef products have received notice of the recall from Ryding-Regency and FSIS has confirmed that they are following the instructions provided to recall affected product from their customers,” the FSIS recall notice said. “However, retail consumers may not have received such notification.”
E. Coli Symptoms
- Stomach cramps (abdominal pain)
- Diarrhea that often is bloody
- Fever of about 100 F to 101 F (37.7 C to 38.3 C)
- Loss of appetite
- Mild dehydration
Source: MedicineNet 
Click on the links below if you’d like more information on E. Coli ground beef recalls torts:
- Sysco Seattle Prime Rib Beef Patty Recall Tort
- Win-Dixie Beef Patties Recall Tort
- Marketside Beef Recall Tort
- Palo Duro Meat Ground Beef Recall Tort
See all food poisoning recall torts we’ve taken on.
Do I have a ShopRite Beef Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in ShopRite Beef Recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new food borne illness cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating ShopRite ground beef hamburgers, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and we can help.