What's the Problem?
This recall affects Creekside Kids Five-Drawer Chests, sold at Rooms To Go stores nationwide and online, in charcoal and chestnut colors, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) .
"The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or serious injuries to children," CPSC said. "The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the voluntary industry standard ASTM F2057-19."
The recalled chests were manufactured from April 2020 to March 2022, and measure about 43.5 inches tall x 31.5 inches wide x 18 inches deep. “Canyon Furniture Co,” SKU number 34595035 (charcoal) or 34495045 (chestnut), and the manufacture date (“Prod. Date”) - in month/day/year format (MM/DD/YY) - are printed on a label on the back of unit.
If you purchased a chest of drawers that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact Rooms To Go for a free repair, replacement, or a full refund of the purchase price.
This recall began on July 8, 2022.
Other Dresser Recalls
- Herman Miller Cabinet Recall: July 3, 2022 - Herman Miller Inc. and Design Within Reach Inc. recalled certain Nelson and Lauki Dressers and Cabinets over concerns they were defectively designed in a way which makes them prone to tipping over if not anchored to a wall.
- Homfa Cabinet Recall: December 15, 2020 - Shenzhen Luosi Ge Trading Co. recalled more than 6,000 Homfa HPB-087 and HPB-106 Cabinets over tip-over, entrapment hazards.
- CB2 Junction Dresser Recall: January 28, 2022 - CB2 recalled about 11,000 Junction Tall Chests and Low Dressers after the company received at least 10 reports of the furniture tipping over.
- Walker Edison Dresser Recall: November 6, 2020 - Walker Edison Furniture Company LLC recalled about 24,000 Drawer Chests over tip-over, entrapment hazards.
- Essential Home 4-Drawer Dresser Recall: August 11, 2020 - Transform SR Holding Management LLC, recalled nearly 20,000 Essential Home Belmont 2.0 four-drawer chests over concerns that they are unstable and can tip over if not anchored to the wall.
- Modus Dresser Recall: June 19, 2020 - Modus Furniture recalled about 1,300 Brighton, Travis and Bevelle dressers over "serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.”
- Prepac Chest of Drawers Recall: May 7, 2020 - Prepac Manufacturing Ltd. recalled certain 4-drawer chests over concerns they were designed in a way that makes them unstable and prone to tipping over if not anchored to a wall.
- Joybird Dresser Recall: April 6, 2020 - Commerce, California-based Joybird is recalling its Blythe dressers over tip-over, entrapment hazards to children.
Homestar Finch Dresser Recall: March 12, 2020 - Homestar North America recalled about 33,000 Finch three-drawer dressers which could be unstable unless anchored to a wall.
- IKEA KULLEN Dresser Recall: March 4, 2020 - IKEA recalled select KULLEN 3-drawer chests after at least 6 reports of tip-over incidents involving IKEA KULLEN Dressers, 1 of which caused cuts and bruises to a child.
- Hodedah Dresser Recall: January 14, 2020 - CPSC warned that Hodedah HI4DR four-drawer dressers were designed in a way that makes them unstable if not anchored to a wall.
- IKEA Dresser Recall: January 7, 2020 - IKEA Malm dressers, chests, and other similar cabinets recalled after being linked to hundreds of injury reports, including the deaths of at least 8 children, when the dressers tipped over and fell.
- Universal Broadmoore Gentleman's Chest Suit
- Chadwick & Bailey 5 Drawer Chest Litigation
- Safavieh Aura 3 Drawer Chest Recall Lawsuit
- Home Depot Chest of Drawers Litigation
See all the product liability litigations we're currently covering.
Do I Have a Rooms to Go Chest of Drawers Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Rooms to Go Chest of Drawers Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If your child or other loved one was injured by a recalled dresser, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.