For patients diagnosed with Risperdal-induced gynecomastia, tests and diagnosis procedures typically include a combination of x-rays, CT and MRI scans, testicular ultrasounds, and tissue biopsies. Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by the abnormal enlargement of breast tissue in boys and young men, a condition that has been associated with the popular antipsychotic drug Risperdal (generic: risperidone). This article focuses on the various Risperdal gynecomastia tests & diagnosis methods in use by modern healthcare professionals.
Free Confidential Case Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one developed gynecomastia after taking Risperdal, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of Risperdal and we can help.
What’s the problem?
In order to properly diagnose Risperdal-induced gynecomastia, the doctor will ask the patient questions about his previous medical and drug history, as well as about underlying family health conditions. A physical exam may then be performed that may include an evaluation of the patient’s breast tissue, abdomen and genitals. Additional Risperdal gynecomastia tests and diagnosis procedures typically involve a combination of:
- Blood tests
- Chest X-rays
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Testicular ultrasounds
- Tissue biopsies
To ensure a positive diagnosis of Risperdal gynecomastia, other suspect health problems must be ruled out. Conditions that may cause symptoms similar to gynecomastia may include:
- Fatty breast tissue – Some men have a large amount of breast fat that can be misdiagnosed as gynecomastia. This is called false gynecomastia (pseudogynecomastia), and is not the same as clinical gynecomastia.
- Breast cancer – Although extremely rare in men, breast cancer can occur in males. Symptoms of male breast cancer may include enlargement of one breast or the presence of a nodule in the breast tissue.
- Breast abscess – Often misdiagnosed as gynecomastia, breast abscesses are caused by infected breast tissue.
Click here to learn more about Risperdal gynecomastia tests and diagnosis procedures from the Journal of American Academy of Pediatrics.
Do I Have a Risperdal Gynecomastia Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Risperdal lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Risperdal gynecomastia cases in all 50 states.
Free Risperdal Gynecomastia Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one developed gynecomastia after taking Risperdal, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing an Risperdal gynecomastia suit and we can help.