The serious sexual side effects caused by Propecia have led to severe, long-term emotional and psychological trauma in a large number of former users. When a man is diagnosed with any type of sexual dysfunction, the emotional implications can be just as devastating as the direct physical side effects. Propecia-induced psychological trauma can stem from problems with genital shrinkage, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, penile fibrosis, or endocrine system failure.
Propecia Update 5/31/12: Attorneys involved in federal lawsuits over Propecia sexual side effects met with a multidistrict litigation (MDL) judge yesterday to discuss procedural matters and the upcoming structure of the trials. To date, only 18 Propecia lawsuits have been consolidated into the MDL; however, this number is expected to grow rapidly in the near future, as Propecia attorneys continue to review potential cases on behalf of individuals allegedly injured by the drug’s side effects. Click here to learn more.
Propecia Lawsuit Update 4/17/12: The U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation announced yesterday that it had decided to centralize the federal Propecia litigation before U.S. District Judge John Gleeson in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Although the current consolidation will be limited to just nine federal Propecia lawsuits pending in courthouses around the country, experts expect this number to grow in response to Merck’s decision to update Propecia’s warning label to include information about the potential risk of persistent sexual side effects. Click here to learn more.
Propecia Update 4/12/12: The warning labels of Propecia and Proscar will be updated to include information about sexual side effects, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) announced yesterday. The administration’s action came in response to its review of hundreds of adverse event reports that had been linked to the drugs. Click here to learn more.
Free Propecia Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has suffered from sexual dysfunction or been diagnosed with cancer after taking Propecia (finasteride) or Proscar, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of Propecia and we can help.
What’s the problem?
A man’s emotional health is, to a large degree, dependent on his physical health. This is why Propecia-induced sexual side effects can have such a profound impact on patients’ mental well-being. The following physical complications may cause severe emotional and psychological trauma in Propecia users:
- Genital shrinkage – Propecia-induced genital shrinkage can affect the penis, the testes, or both. These parts of the male anatomy play a fundamental role in men’s sexual health and overall well-being. Genital shrinkage caused by Propecia may result in long-term complications including sexual dysfunction, erectile dysfunction (ED), impotence, and urinary tract disorders.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – Severe sexual side effect characterized by the persistent inability to achieve or maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. Signs and symptoms of Propecia-induced erectile dysfunction may include trouble getting an erection, trouble keeping an erection, and reduced sexual desire.
- Penile fibrosis (Peyronie’s disease) – Connective tissue disorder characterized by the development of fibrous plaques on surrounding fascial layers of the adult male penis. Men with this condition may experience pain, have cord-like lesions on the penis, and exhibit abnormal curvature of the penis when erect. In severe cases of penile fibrosis, sexual intercourse may be impossible unless the condition is treated.
- Gynecomastia – Condition that occurs when male breast tissue swells in response to an imbalance of estrogen (female hormones) and androgens (male hormones). The condition can affect one or both breasts, sometimes unevenly. Signs and symptoms of Propecia-induced gynecomastia may include enlargement of the male breasts (which is typically symmetrical in location and may have a rubbery or firm feel), breast tenderness, breast sensitivity and breast pain.
- Endocrine system failure – The endocrine system is critical in regulating mood, growth, development, tissue function, metabolism, sexuality and reproductive processes. The foundations of the endocrine system are the hormones and glands. As the body’s chemical messengers, hormones transfer information and instructions from one set of cells to another. However, when this process is interrupted by Propecia, profound long-term complications including feminization of the body, loss of libido, disruptions of the immune system, and genital shrinkage may result.
Propecia Side Effects
In addition to having the potential to cause severe psychological trauma and the accompanying side effects listed above, Propecia users have also reported suffering from the following complications:
- less desire for sex
- decrease in the amount of semen
- ejaculation disorders
- testicular pain
- body disfigurement
- male breast cancer
- breast lumps
- breast pain
- nipple discharge
- prostate cancer
- memory loss
- slurring of speech
- dissociative states
Want to learn more about Propecia side effects?
Please visit our home page where we provide an overview of the Propecia lawsuit. Here we have posted a number of videos, links to studies and research, and related information: Propecia Lawsuit
Do You Have a Propecia Psychological Trauma Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Propecia lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new sexual dysfunction and cancer cases in all 50 states.
Remember, taking a drug like Propecia to treat hair loss shouldn’t lead to permanent sexual dysfunction or cancer. Our law firm is passionate about helping the large number of otherwise healthy men who have suffered from the serious and potentially irreversible side effects of Propecia.
If you or a loved one has suffered from sexual dysfunction or been diagnosed with cancer after taking Propecia (finasteride) or Proscar, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help. We offer a Free Confidential Case Evaluation.