Table Of Contents
What is the Precise Heat Pressure Cooker?
The Precise Heat™ KTELPCS 6.3Qt Electric Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Inner Pot features 6 cooking functions, 1000 watts of power, and a 4 digit display. The cooker is designed to provide protection from overpressure, over-temperature, and leakage.
What’s the Problem?
Pressure cookers build up an extreme amount of heat quickly, and they can easily lead to an accident. If the safety features that are designed to prevent the lid from opening during pressurized conditions malfunction, the pressure cooker could explode, causing severe burns and other injuries. Pressure cooker explosions can also cause damage to your home, and in some cases, even death.
- Pressure Cooker Lawsuit
- Healthy Cuisine Pressure Cooker Suit
- Manttra Pressure Cooker Lawsuit
- Maxam Pressure Cooker Litigation
See all related product liability lawsuits S&C Law Firm is currently accepting.
Pressure Cooker Injuries
- Serious burns
- Hot steam burns
- Second-degree burns
- Third-degree burns
- Eye injuries and blindness
- Traumatic brain injuries (concussion)
- Permanent scarring
- Emergency medical treatment
- Kitchen and/or property damage
Pressure Cookers Can Be Dangerous When Safety Features Fail
Potentially defective pressure cooker safety features may include:
- Lid Locks and Safety Devices – Locks are supposed to make it impossible to remove the pressure cooker lid or unlock the device until it is completely depressurized. Systems are also supposed to prevent the cooker from pressurizing until the lid is fully secured in place. If the lid is not on correctly, the pressure cooker should switch to a “keep warm” or “sauté” mode.
- Pressure Release Valves and Anti-Block Vents – Before allowing the lid to be removed, steam is supposed to be released through a valve or vent. Consumers have been told that advanced “anti-block” features prevent clogging. Food or liquid should never be able to accumulate and prevent the release of steam through the pressure valve.
- Automatic Pressure Control – Sensor mechanisms are supposed to keep the pressure inside the cooker within a safe range. If the pressure gets too high, the cooker should automatically shut off or release steam to lower the pressure.
- Pressure Pot Lowering Features – Many pressure cookers contain features that are supposed to automatically reduce pressure if it gets too high, by dropping the inner pot. This may allow the release of steam around the rim of the lid, but should not allow hot contents to blow out of the pressure cooker.
- Auto Shut-Off Temperature Controls – When the temperature inside a pressure cooker reaches the preset value, the power should be automatically shut off to prevent further pressure from developing. Extreme temperatures should never be reached, as a fuse is supposed to automatically disconnect power before this occurs. If the user forgets to place the inner pot in the pressure cooker, if the heating element is not in good contact with the inner pot or if scorched food develops on the bottom of the pressure cooker, it should stop heating.
How To File a Pressure Cooker Injury Lawsuit
1. Complete Our case evaluation form below, including your contact information and a brief description of your pressure cooker accident.
2. You will be contacted by the product liability lawyers at Schmidt & Clark, LLP, to help determine if financial compensation may be available for your injuries.
3. If our lawyers determine that we can help with your case, THEN YOU DECIDE whether to move forward and hire our law firm to pursue your pressure cooker case.
Get a Free Precise Heat Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Lawyers
The Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of jury trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Precise Heat Pressure Cooker Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently representing burn injury victims in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Precise Heat Lawsuit Evaluation: Again, if you or a loved one suffered serious burns or other serious injuries caused by an exploding pressure cooker, you should contact our law firm immediately for a free review of your potential case. You may be entitled to recover damages and financial compensation for medical bills and lost wages by filing a pressure cooker explosion lawsuit and a lawyer can help.