Pfizer Recall List
- Chantix - Pfizer in July 2021 announced a nationwide recall for the smoking cessation drug Chantix after the product was found to contain an impurity called N-nitroso-varenicline, which "may be associated with a theoretical potential increased cancer risk in humans." The recalled Chantix was distributed nationwide to wholesalers and distributors in the U.S. and Puerto Rico from June 2019 to June 2021. Chantix has also been linked to reports of depression, suicidal ideation, and violent behavior in some users. In July 2011, a study found that Chantix use may increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes by as much as 72% in smokers who take it, even those without heart disease.
- Xeljanz - Rheumatoid arthritis medication linked to a significantly increased risk for serious side effects including blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolism), cancer, opportunistic infections, liver damage, and death. Based on a review of a large randomized safety clinical trial, FDA has required revisions to the Boxed Warning for Xeljanz/Xeljanz XR, as well as 2 other JAK inhibitors, Olumiant and Rinvoq, to include information about the risks of serious heart-related events, cancer, blood clots, and death.
- Dilantin - Powerful epilepsy medication linked to phenytoin toxicity, a life-threatening complication of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Phenytoin toxicity may progress into cerebellar degeneration and other potentially irreversible health complications. Numerous studies have found that cerebellar side effects including phenytoin toxicity may be linked to the long-term use of Dilantin. A 2013 study published in Neurology Asia indicated that long term phenytoin use could develop into cerebellar atrophy.
- Protonix - Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) heartburn medication linked to serious side effects including chronic kidney disease (CKD) and interstitial nephritis (also known as tubulo-interstitial nephritis), a form of kidney damage that affects the interstitium of the kidneys surrounding the tubules. In 2014, FDA announced new warnings would be added to PPI medications stating that use of the drugs may cause nephritis.
- Spiriva - Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) mist inhaler linked to a significant increased risk of death. A 2011 study published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) found that the risk of unexpected death in individuals using the Spiriva inhaler was 52% higher than in patients who were treated with a placebo.
- Zegerid - PPI heartburn medication linked to kidney failure, nephritis, and other serious side effects. A 2017 study also found PPIs linked to a more than doubled risk for stomach cancer.
- Vimovo - Proton pump inhibitor heartburn medication linked to serious side effects including chronic kidney disease, acute interstitial nephritis, renal failure, heart attack, bone fractures. The U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) in August 2017 ordered that all federally-filed lawsuits involving kidney injuries from PPI heartburn drugs will be consolidated in the District of New Jersey for pretrial handling.
- Zithromax - Antibiotic linked to liver failure, pyloric stenosis, and death. The drug is eliminated from the body through the liver, which makes the potential for liver damage and liver failure very high in certain individuals.
- Dostinex - Prescription drug used to treat Parkinson's disease, prolactin-producing tumors, and to adjust various hormone levels in certain diseases (ovarian diseases) that has been linked to valvular heart disease involving one or more valves and many other serious heart-related health conditions.
- ThermaCare Heat Wraps - Recalled multiple times over concerns that the heat wraps can potentially leak and cause chemical burns, blisters, and/or skin irritation problems.
Check out all defective pharmaceutical lawsuits our team has covered.
Get a Free Pfizer Recall Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Lawyers
The Pharmaceutical Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Pfizer Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you were harmed by a Pfizer product, you should contact Schmidt & Clark lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a Pfizer Recall Lawsuit and we can help.