What's the Problem?
According to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), this recall affects:
- Cost Plus World Market Herbes De Provence - item number 533310-06 - UPC 2533 3107
- Cost Plus World Market Organic Parsley - item number 533325-06 - UPC 2533 3251
- Great Value Herbes De Provence Organic - item number GV5451-24 - UPC 0 78742 15451 0
- Great Value Organic Parsley Flakes - item number GV5460-24 - UPC 0 78742 15460 2
- O Organics Herbes De Provence Organic - item number - UPC 0 79893 41131 6
- O Organics Parsley Organic - item number 14200099-05 - UPC 0 79893 41109 5
- Full Circle Parsley Organic - item number 32831-06 - UPC 0 36800 32831 0
These products have Best If Used By dates of March 11, 2023 - March 25, 2023, and were distributed to retail establishments in all 50 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.
Red Monkey issued this recall as part of an earlier recall by High Quality Organics (HQO), which initiated the action after 1 lot of its parsley tested positive for salmonella.
"A portion of the lot recalled by HQO was supplied to Red Monkey Foods, Inc and subsequently repacked into consumer containers for parsley and was also used to manufacture herbes de provence which was then sold in consumer containers," FDA said.
If you purchased any parsley that is affected by this recall, you should either throw it away or return it to the point of purchase for a refund.
Anyone concerned about a potential salmonella infection from recalled parsley products should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
This recall began on October 13, 2020.
Do I Have a Parsley Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Parsley Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new salmonella cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one had symptoms of food poisoning after eating recalled parsley, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.