Attention Nissan Owners: 600,000 Vehicles being Recalled Nationwide
November 15, 2010 – Nissan Motor Co. says it will recall about 604,500 vehicles to fix problems with steering on some models and with battery cables on others. The move follows the October 2010 recall of 747,000 Nissans in the U.S.
The carmaker says that under the latest recall it will replace the lower steering column joint and shaft on about 303,000 Frontier and 283,000 Xterra vehicles. The affected Frontier and Xterra vehicles were built in the company’s Smyrna, Tenn., plant between July 2001 and January 2005, and its Curitiba, Brazil plant between November 2001 and June 2008.
The company says it will also replace the positive battery cable terminal on about 18,500 Sentra vehicles. The Sentras were built at the Aguascalientes, Mexico plant between May 22, 2010 and July 8, 2010.
Nissan says that in rare cases the lower steering column joint on the affected Frontier and Xterra vehicles can corrode, limiting the steering joint’s movement. If the vehicle continues to be driven the problem can result in the steering shaft cracking.
Here is a full list of vehicles affected by the recall:
- Model Year 2002 through 2004 Nissan Frontier vehicles manufactured from July 9, 2001 to October 20, 2004 in Smyrna, Tenn., for the North American markets
- Model Year 2002 through 2004 Nissan Xterras manufactured from July 9, 2001 to January 6, 2005 in Smyrna, Tenn., for the North American markets.
- Nissan Frontier vehicles manufactured from November 30, 2001 to June 26, 2008 in Curitiba, Brazil for South and Central American markets.
- Nissan Xterra vehicles manufactured from February 17, 2003 to June 13, 2008 in Curitiba, Brazil for South and Central American markets.
- Nissan Sentra vehicles manufactured from May 15, 2010 to July 8, 2010 in Aguascalientes, Mexico for global markets.
In the U.S. approximately 240,000 Frontier, 261,000 Xterra and 14,000 Sentra vehicles are included in this campaign.
Do you own own one of these Nissans? If so, contact us to discuss your case today.
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Nissan recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.
Free Nissan Recall Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured by a Nissan included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.