Free Motorcycle Accident Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured or a family member has been killed as a result of a motorcycle accident, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
Crashes with motorcycles are not rare events - particularly among some beginning riders. Injuries received as a result of motorcycle accidents are often among the most severe types of injuries we deal with. As a biker, there is not much protection between you and the road, and highway pavement can be extremely unforgiving. Add that to the fact that many motorists tend not to see motorcycles and fail to give motorbikes the proper respect on the road, and you have a recipe for disaster.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Common injuries to bikers include:
- Back injuries - including slipped discs, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, and facet syndrome
- Head injuries - can include surface facial injuries to the head and fractured skulls. These are very common, even if the motorcyclist is wearing a helmet.
- Traumatic brain injuries - may cause permanent physical and mental disability, even if the skull remains intact
- Spinal cord injuries - including paraplegia, quadriplegia, and spinal cord contusions and compressions
- Neck injuries - including herniated cervical discs, fractures, and pinched nerves
- Broken or crushed bones - such as broken arms, legs, collarbones, knees, ankles, and feet
- Severed limbs
- Torn ligaments
- Fractured ribs
- Organ injuries or internal injuries
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle accident injury statistics are staggering. Although motorcycle fatalities decreased in 2021 from 616 to 596 in 2022, it is clear that motorcycle riders are risking their life every time they get on their bike.
Across the U.S., there were 5,932 motorcyclists killed in 2021, and 43% of the riders who died in single-vehicle crashes during the same year were alcohol-impaired. In fact, alcohol-impaired motorcycle riders are 3x more likely to be killed in crashes at night as opposed to during the day.
Motorcyclists comprised 14.4% of all traffic deaths in the U.S. in 2022.
This number is sobering, considering that motorcycle riders only account for around 3% of all registered vehicles in the country. It’s clear that despite the exhilaration and freedom motorcycle riders may feel, it’s essential to prioritize safety.
See all related personal injury and accident lawsuits our attorneys covered so far.
Do I have a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
The Personal Injury Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in motorcycle accident lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.