Being a rare cancer, mesothelioma is now spreading fast among people of all ages and races due to asbestos exposure. According to the latest statistics report by the United States National Cancer Institute, mesothelioma is diagnosed in 2,000 to 3,000 people every year and with the passage of time, this figure is expected to rise as more and more people are falling victim to asbestos exposure.
Free Mesothelioma Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or other serious asbestos-related health complication, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
- Mesothelioma has a long latency (inactive) period of anywhere between 15 – 50 years.
- Experts predict that mesothelioma diagnoses will continue to increase in the United States for at least another 10 to 20 years.
- While many countries have banned certain forms of asbestos, an estimated 5,000 asbestos-containing products exist today.
- As many as 8 million people in the U.S. have already been exposed to asbestos and it continues to pose a serious threat to workers in certain occupations.
- One study of asbestos insulation workers reported a mesothelioma death rate up to 344 times higher than the general population.
- Most mesothelioma victims die within 18 months of diagnosis. Mortality is swift not because the cancer is fast-growing but because it usually is far advanced by the time it is detected.
- Poor prognostic variables include: non-epithelial histology, older age (greater than 75 years), pleural primary, chest pain at presentation, poor performance status, and elevated platelet count (greater than 400,000/mcL).
- By the year 2030 there are estimates that asbestos will have caused 60,000 instances of mesothelioma and around 250,000 other cancers that result in death.
- Over half a million asbestos and mesothelioma injury claims have been filed to date.
- Mesothelioma statistics are very grim and shocking. However, it cannot be denied that these figures are true and the number of people suffering from mesothelioma is expected to rise as more and more people are getting exposed to asbestos. It is very important that these statistics are studied carefully and people who are at the highest risk of mesothelioma or suffering from it are given proper help and treatment.
Do I have a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
The Toxic Tort Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in Mesothelioma lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.