What's the Problem?
According to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) , this recall affects:
- Kobalt 40-volt Lithium-Ion 12-in Cordless Electric Chainsaw (Battery Included) -- Model Number KCS 120-07 -- UPC 84182102474-1
- Kobalt 40-volt Lithium-Ion 12-in Cordless Electric Chainsaw (Battery Not Included) -- Model Number KCS 120 -- UPC 84182101749-1
"The chainsaw can remain in the “on” position, posing a laceration hazard to consumers," CPSC said.
Date codes from 11/01/13 to 03/31/20 are included in the recall. The chainsaws are blue and black. “Kobalt,” “40v max” and “12 in. 30 cm” are printed on the chain saw. The model number and date code are printed on the label located in the rear handle. The UPC is located on the box.
The recalled chainsaws were sold online and at Lowe’s Stores nationwide from January 2014 through March 2020 for about $200.
If you purchased a chainsaw that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact Hongkong Sun Rise Trading for a free repair. This recall began on September 23, 2020.
- Harbor Freight Chainsaw Recall Lawsuit
- Black and Decker Chainsaw Recall Lawsuit
- Pole Saw Recall Lawsuits
- DeWalt 18-Inch Corded Chainsaws Recall
See all damaged product lawsuits we've covered.
Do I Have a Kobalt Chainsaw Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Kobalt Chainsaw Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was harmed by a recalled chainsaw, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.