Pancreatitis, a disease that has been associated with Januvia (sitagliptin), is often hard to diagnose due to the similarity many of its symptoms share with other diseases. The condition occurs when pancreatic enzymes attack the pancreas, resulting in a situation that can lead to pancreatic cancer.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after using Januvia, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
What Tests are Used to Diagnose Pancreatitis?
The following tests and diagnostic procedures may be performed on patients suffering from unusual symptoms:
- Blood tests – Help identify elevated enzyme levels in the pancreas.
- Stool tests – Analyze levels of fat in the patient’s waste which could be an indicator that the digestive system isn’t processing foodstuffs efficiently.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan – Test that helps find gallstones and determine the extent of damage to the pancreas.
- Abdominal ultrasound – To asses whether or not the pancreas is inflamed.
- Endoscopic ultrasound – Identifies pancreatic and bile duct inflammation and blockages.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Looks for issues with the gallbladder, pancreas, and bile ducts.
In addition to these Januvia pancreatitis tests and diagnosis procedures, doctors may perform any number of other procedures to confirm the presence of the disease. Click here to learn more about Januvia pancreatitis tests and diagnosis from the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC).
Do I Have a Januvia Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Januvia lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new pancreatic cancer cases in all 50 states.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: Again, if you developed cancer after taking Januvia, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a class action suit and our lawyers can help.