Pancreatitis, a disease that has been linked to Janumet, is difficult to diagnose because its characteristic symptoms are similar to those of many other medical conditions. Pancreatitis occurs when normally inert pancreatic enzymes become active inside the pancreas and attack the organ. This page focuses on the various Janumet pancreatitis tests and diagnosis procedures used by doctors today.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking Janumet, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of Janumet and we can help.
What tests are used to diagnose Janumet pancreatitis?
Doctors may order one or more of the following Janumet pancreatitis tests and diagnosis procedures to be performed on patients suffering from unusual symptoms:
- Blood tests – Can detect increased pancreas enzyme levels.
- Stool tests – Excessive levels of fat in the patient’s stool may be an indicator that the digestive system isn’t processing foods correctly.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan – Helps identify gallstones and determine the amount of damage the pancreas has suffered.
- Abdominal ultrasound – Conducted to find inflammation in the pancreas.
- Endoscopic ultrasound – Looks for pancreatic / bile duct inflammation and blockages.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Analyzes the gallbladder, pancreas, and bile ducts.
In addition to these Janumet pancreatitis tests and diagnosis methods, doctors may order other tests or procedures to properly diagnose the disease. Click here to learn more about Janumet pancreatitis tests and diagnosis from John Hopkins Medical.
Do I Have a Janumet Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Janumet lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Janumet pancreatic cases in all 50 states.
Free Janumet Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking Janumet, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Janumet suit and we can help.