Pancreatic cancer, a potential side effect of Janumet (metformin and sitagliptin), is a serious medical condition that has a poor long-term outlook, even when it is diagnosed early in the course of the disease. Pancreatic cancer currently ranks as the fourth leading cause of cancer death among men and women in the United States. Janumet pancreatic cancer symptoms may include jaundice, dark urine, rapid weight loss, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking Janumet, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of Janumet and we can help.
What are the Symptoms of Janumet Pancreatic Cancer?
Early in the course of the disease, pancreatic cancer often grows with no identifiable symptoms. By the time the patient experiences telltale symptoms, the disease has most likely migrated to other areas of the body besides the pancreas. When this occurs, symptoms of pancreatic cancer depend on the disease’s location inside the pancreas, and where else the disease has traveled to. Janumet pancreatic cancer symptoms in the pancreas’ head include:
- weight loss
- jaundice (yellow skin)
- dark urine
- light stool color
- abdominal pain
- enlarged lymph nodes in the neck
If pancreatic cancer is confined to the pancreas’ body or tail, signs and symptoms may include:
- belly pain
- back pain
- weight loss
In most cases, signs and symptoms from cancers in the head of the pancreas present before those in the body and / or tail.
Gastrointestinal Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer
Because pancreatic cancer grows around the digestive system, the patient may suffer from the following gastrointestinal symptoms:
- Abdominal pain – Pancreatic cancer almost always causes some degree of abdominal pain as the tumor(s) grows. The disease can manifest in a constant or intermittent dull ache in the upper abdomen that radiates to the back.
- Bloating – Early sense of fullness with meals (satiety), or an unusual swelling in the abdominal region.
- Pale-colored stools – if the patient has a bile duct obstruction, he or she may notice pale or clay-colored stools.
- Dark urine
Constitutional (Whole Body) Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer
As pancreatic cancer progresses and migrates to other areas, it begins to affect the person’s whole body. Constitutional symptoms of pancreatic cancer include:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Elevated blood sugar levels – Some patients suffering from pancreatic cancer may develop diabetes as the disease inhibits the pancreas’ ability to manufacture insulin.
Pancreatic Cancer Skin Symptoms
Pancreatic cancer may cause the following skin symptoms:
- Jaundice – As the disease obstructs the common bile duct, bile accumulates in the blood. This gives the skin and eyes a yellow color. Obstructed bile ducts may also cause dark urine and / or clay-colored stools.
- Itching – Some patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer report itching all over their bodies. This is thought to be caused by obstructions in the bile ducts.
Click here to learn more about Janumet pancreatic cancer symptoms from Caring.com.
Do I Have a Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Janumet lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Janumet pancreatic cancer cases in all 50 states.
Free Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after taking Janumet, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Janumet suit and we can help.