January 21, 2019 – Prinston Pharmaceuticals Inc., the New Jersey company recalling the Irbesartan, took the action after tests revealed trace amounts of N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDMA), a suspected human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance).
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured by the side effects of Irbesartan, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer and our lawyers can help.
Irbesartan Recall Info
According to an FDA recall letter issued on Friday, specific Irbesartan products affected by the action include:
- Irbesartan tablets 300MG 90CT, NDC code 43547-376-09, Lot number 331B18009, Expiration date 02/2021.
- Irbesartan/HCTZ 300MG/12.5MG 30CT tablets, NDC code 43547-331-03, lot number 327A18001, expiration date 03/2021.
- Irbesartan Tablets/HCTZ 300MG/12.5MG 30 CT tablets, NDC code 43547-331-03, lot number 327A18002, expiration date 03/2021.
- Irbesartan Tablets/HCTZ 300MG/12.5MG 90CT tablets, NDC code 43547-331-09, lot number 327B18008, expiration date 03/2021.
- Irbesartan/HCTZ 300MG/12.5MG 90CT tablets, NDC code 43547-331-09, lot number 327B18009, expiration date 03/2021.
- Irbesartan/HCTZ 150MG/12.5MG 30CT, NDC code 43547-330-03, lot number 325D18004, expiration date 03/2021.
- Irbesartan/HCTZ 150MG/12.5MG 90CT tablets, NDC code 43547-330-09, lot number 325B18004, expiration date 03/2021.
- Irbesartan/HCTZ 150MG/12.5MG 30CT tablets, NDC code 43547-330-03, lot number 325D18005, expiration date 03/2021.
Based on data from the manufacturer, some amount of NDMA may have been in the recalled products for up to 4 years.
NDMA Cancer Risk
Over the course of a person’s lifetime, consuming 96 nanograms of NDMA would result in less than one additional case of cancer for every 100,000 people, according to the FDA. While this equals a low overall risk for the disease, anything you can do to reduce your risk is helpful – 1 out of every 3 people in the U.S. will get cancer at some point in their life.
Irbesartan Side Effects
In addition to potentially increasing the risk of cancer, side effects of Irbesartan may include:
- Upset stomach
Prinston Pharmaceuticals says patients who are taking any form of Irbesartan affected by this recall should not stop taking the medication without talking to their doctor first, as doing so could have dire health consequences. Patients are asked to contact their doctor regarding alternative treatment.
Can I File a Class Action?
Although Schmidt & Clark, LLP, is a nationally recognized class action firm, we have decided against this type of litigation when it comes to Irbesartan. Our lawyers feel that if there is a successful resolution to these cases, individual suits, not class actions will be the best way to get maximum payouts to our clients. If you’ve been injured by Irbesartan side effects, we know you’ve suffered emotionally and economically, and want to work with you personally to obtain the maximum compensation for the damages caused by your injuries. Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights.
Do I Have an Irbesartan Lawsuit?
The Pharmaceutical Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Irbesartan lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you or a loved one has been harmed by the side effects of Irbesartan, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and we can help.