Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one was injured by the side effects of benzene exposure, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and our lawyers can help.
What’s the problem?
July 12, 2017 – Plaintiff Matthew Eaton filed a first amended complaint last month in Chesterfield, Missouri, according to the Madison -St. Clair Record.
In the suit, Eaton claims that he was exposed to benzene and benzene fumes from products he worked with for years as a service station employee. The complaint was filed against the following defendants:
- Turtle Wax, Inc.
- BP Corporation North America Inc.
- Phillips 66 Company
- Bauman Oil Distributors Inc.
- Carter Oil Company
- 3M Company, also known as Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing,
- Berryman Products
- B’Laster Corporation
- Berwind Corporation, doing business as CRC Industries
- Safety-Kleen Systems Inc.
Turtle Wax argues that Eaton’s suit lacks merit by failing to provide specific facts, including:
- The location of where the benzene exposure occurred;
- Specific types of benzene-containing products alleged to have caused his injury, and
- Dates and frequency of the alleged benzene exposure.
Defendant furthermore argues that Eaton’s lawsuit is barred by the doctrines of laches, waiver and estoppel; and is preempted by federal and state law. Turtle Wax filed a motion to dismiss on June 15 in St. Louis.
The lawsuit is: Madison County Circuit Court case number 17-L-644.
Do I Have a Benzene Lawsuit?
The Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in benzene exposure lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you were harmed by benzene toxicity, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.