Update: Honda Pioneer ROVs Recalled Over Crash, Injury Risk
Honda is recalling 2021 Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000, and Talon 1000 recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs) over concerns that the vehicles can lose steering function, posing crash and injury hazards. The VIN number range of affected vehicles for the Pioneer 700 is 1HFVE02**M4700031-M4700694, for the Pioneer 1000 is 1HFVE04**M4500061-M4502219, and for the Talon 1000 is 1HFVE05**M4200001- M4201598.
The recalled ROVs were sold at authorized Honda Powersports dealers nationwide from September 2020 through August 2021 for between $10,000 and $27,000.
If you purchased a Honda ROV that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact an authorized Honda Powersports dealer to schedule an appointment for a free inspection and repair to install a yoke joint and hardware for the steering shaft assembly.
This recall began on November 18, 2021.
What's the Problem?
According to a Recall Notice issued by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), this action affects:
- 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 – 3 Passenger (SXS10M3*); VINs 1HFVE04**K4300061 thru 1HFVE04**K4301919
- 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 – 5 Passenger (SXS10M5*); VINs 1HFVE04**K4300061 thru 1HFVE04**K4302460
- 2019 Honda Talon 1000 – 2 Passenger (SXS10S2*); VINs 1HFVE05**K4000003 thru 1HFVE05**K4003902
- 2020 Honda Talon 1000 – 3 Passenger (SXS10M3*); VINs 1HFVE04**L4400001 thru 1HFVE04**L4402426
- 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000 – 5 Passenger (SXS10M5*); VINs 1HFVE04**L4400001 thru 1HFVE04**L4402984
- 2020 Honda Talon 1000 – 2 Passenger (SXS10S2*); VINs 1HFVE05**L4100001 thru 1HFVE05**L4102280
- 2020 Honda Talon 1000 – 4 Passenger (SXS10S4*); VINs 1HFVE06**L4000002 thru 1HFVE06**L4002100
Read more: Product Liability Cases
The recalled ROVs were sold in red, blue, green, gray and yellow. “HONDA” is printed on the front, sides and the rear of the vehicle. The model name -- Pioneer 1000 or Talon -- is printed on a label on both sides of the ROV.
CPSC is aware of at least 3 reports of the ROVs moving while in the park position.
Affected Honda ROVs were sold at Honda Powersports dealers nationwide from November 2018 through March 2020 for between $15,000 and $24,000.
If you purchased a Pioneer or Talon ROV that is affected by this recall, you should contact your Honda Powersports dealer to schedule an appointment for a free inspection and repair.
This recall began on June 18, 2020.
- Mitsubishi Montero Recall Litigation
- Mercedes Sprinter Recall Case
- Mercedes Smart Fortwo Case
- Honda Recall Lawsuit
Honda Pioneer Steering Recall
Honda is recalling nearly 120,000 Pioneer 700 & 1000 ROVs with Electric Power Steering (EPS) from model years 2016-2020 which can lose steering control, posing crash and injury hazards. "The firm has received 8 reports of the ROV’s having either play in the steering or losing control of steering," CPSC said. Affected ROVs were sold at authorized Honda Powersports dealers nationwide from August 2015 through March 2020 for between $10,000 and $21,000. This recall began on December 3, 2020.
Do I Have a Honda Pioneer Recall Lawsuit?
The Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Honda Pioneer Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled Honda Pioneer or Talon ROV, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.