Some symptoms reported by patients who had revision surgery include normal hip replacement discomforts like swelling and problems walking. However, if these symptoms return after the usual healing period, or do not go away at all, this may be a sign of a larger problem.
DePuy Hip Update 1/23/13: Newly disclosed court documents have revealed that a 2011 internal investigation conducted by Johnson & Johnson on its much-troubled DePuy ASR hip implant estimated that the device would fail within five years in nearly 40% of recipients. For reasons still unclear, the company failed to make this information public while simultaneously downplaying the potential health complications associated with its metal-on-metal hip. Click here to learn more.
Free Defective Hip Implant Case Evaluation: If you received an ASR™ hip implant and are experiencing problems, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
Failed ASR Hip Implant Symptoms
Based on extensive cumulative research, the “classic” symptoms associated with a failed DePuy ASR hip implant include (but are not limited to):
- Continuing hip, groin, leg, or low-back pain
- Audible clicking, clacking, or crunching sounds coming from the ASR device
- The sensation that one’s hip is not “in place,” especially when starting a movement, such as standing up or starting to walk
- Marked declines in ability to do physical activities
- Increased metabolic activity near the location of the implanted device, as shown on a bone scan
If these symptoms return after the usual healing period, or do not go away at all, this may be a sign of a larger problem such as:
- Loosening – when the implant does not stay attached to the bone in the right position
- Fracture – where the bone around the implant may have broken
- Dislocation – where the two parts of the implant that move against each other are no longer aligned
DePuy hip implant lawyers have begun filing lawsuits and preparing legal claims on behalf of patients. These DePuy ASR Hip lawsuits will seek monetary damages and medical monitoring for the patients.
Do I have a Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit?
The Personal Injury & Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in faulty artificial hip recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.