What's the Problem?
According to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) , this recall affects:
- 2017 Haro Masi Evoluzione Dura Ace (gloss UD carbon/blue/red)
- 2017 Haro Masi Evoluzione Ultegra (gloss white/blue/red)
- 2017 Haro Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Di2 (gloss black/charcoal/white)
- 2017 Haro Masi Evoluzione 105 (gloss black/blue)
- 2017 Haro Masi Gran Corsa (gloss black/blue/red)
- 2018 Haro Masi Evoluzione Dura Ace (gloss TeXtreme carbon/solar chrome)
- 2018 Haro Masi Evoluzione Ultegra (gloss grey/red-orange (Roarange))
- 2018 Haro Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Di2 (gloss TeXtreme carbon/cyan)
- 2018 Haro Masi Evoluzione 105 (gloss Limpet blue/black)
- 2018 Haro Masi Gran Corsa (brushed alloy/black)
- 2019 Haro Masi Evoluzione Dura Ace Disc (chrome/black)
- 2019 Haro Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Disc (teal/fluorescent fade/carbon)
- 2019 Haro Masi Evoluzione 105 Disc (satin black/gloss red)
- 2019 Haro Masi Gran Corsa SL (brushed alloy/black)
- 2020 Haro Masi Evoluzione Ultegra Disc (Antracite/copper)
- 2020 Haro Masi Evoluzione 105 Disc (matte TeXtreme/gloss black)
- 2020 Haro Masi Gran Corsa SL (brushed alloy/black)
"The bicycle’s fork steerer tube can break, causing the rider to lose control, fall and suffer injuries," CPSC said. "The firm has received five reports of the bicycle forks breaking, including three reports of minor injuries including bumps, bruises and scrapes."
Affected bicycles have carbon frames with carbon fiber forks and carbon steer tubes. The Masi logo is on the frame and forks and the model name is printed on the frame.
The recalled bikes were sold at bicycle specialty stores including Sun and Ski and Erik’s Bikes and Fitness stores nationwide from December 2016 through February 2021 for between $1,400 and $6,200.
If you purchased a bicycle that is affected by this recall, you should stop riding it and contact your Haro dealer for a free inspection, and repair or replacement of the fork and compression plug.
This recall began on March 3, 2021.
See other product liability cases we're currently taking.
Do I Have a Haro Bikes Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Haro Bikes Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled Haro bicycle, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.