What's the Problem?
According to the FDA Recall Notice, this action affects:
- Giant Eagle American (Family Size)
- Giant Eagle Chopped Asian Style Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped BBQ Ranch Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Chipotle Cheddar Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Mediterranean Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Southwest Style Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Sunflower Crisp Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Coleslaw
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh American Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Garden Salad Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Italian Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Romaine Garden Salad Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Veggie Lovers
- Giant Eagle Shredded Lettuce
More than 200 cyclospora infections have been linked to salads produced by Fresh Express at its facility in Streamwood, Illinois, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) .
This recall affects salads that are marked with a "Z" at the beginning of the Product Code, which is located in the upper right-hand corner of the front of the packaging, FDA said. Salads containing iceberg lettuce, red cabbage and/or carrots AND displaying the Product Code Z178, or a lower number, are affected.
The recalled Giant Eagle salads were distributed to retail stores between June 6 and June 26, 2020 in the following states: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
If you developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating any of the recalled products, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Do I Have a Giant Eagle Salad Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Giant Eagle Salad Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cyclospora infection cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one had symptoms of food poisoning after eating a recalled salad, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.