Table Of Contents
What’s the Problem?
This recall affects Forest River Cardinal fifth-wheel trailers from model year 2021, according to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The fresh air intake sleeve for the furnace on affected trailers is too short and does not have a proper connection of the furnace to the exterior, allowing furnace exhaust to enter the trailer, NHTSA said. If exhaust enters the trailer, it can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which can increase the risk of injury or death.
Forest River is notifying owners and dealers will install the correct intake sleeve to allow for proper connection on the furnace, free of charge.
This recall began on November 6, 2020.
Tips to Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Your Motor Home
- Stay current on the maintenance of all of the motor home and camping components.
- Use caution when using your gas-powered heater to follow the directions and warnings.
- When using your range, open the nearest window and use your range fan.
- Range burners are not meant to heat your motor home. Never use them for that.
- Close any windows or vents that are close to a running vehicle or generator.
- Run your generator away from your motorhome and point its exhaust away from your RV. Also, inspect your generator’s exhaust to make sure it isn’t damaged.
- Clear debris away from your vents.
- Replace the batteries. Your detector’s batteries need to be replaced every 6 months.
See all related product liability lawsuits our attorneys covered so far.
Do I Have a Forest River Cardinal Fifth Wheel Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Forest River Cardinal Fifth Wheel Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.