Free Food Poisoning Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has become severely sickened after consuming contaminated food products, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
CDC Alert: 1 in 6 will get food poisoning
December 16, 2010 - According to new statistics, nearly 50 million Americans get sick every year from food poisoning. Among the findings from the CDC’s new data:
- 1 in 6 individuals nationwide will get sick from bacteria, viruses, and microbes each year.
- Food poisoning cases result in approximately 128,000 hospitalizations and about 3,000 deaths annually.
- 31 different bugs are to blame for about 9.4 million people getting sick from the foods they eat.
- Over 38 million Americans get sick from unknown pathogens.
- Norovirus is thought to cause roughly 60% of food poisoning related illnesses.
- Salmonella is the leading cause of hospitalizations.
The CDC report goes on to emphasize the size and scope of foodborne illness around the country and the need for more to be done. In statement the FDA says, “This [disease] burden falls most heavily on vulnerable populations that are growing in number–children, the elderly, and those with weakened immune systems.”
Victim of food poisoning? You may have a case.
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in contaminated food poisoning lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.