What's the Problem?
Nov. 11, 2019 - Ezzo Sausage Company, a Columbus, Ohio-based establishment, is recalling more than 25,000 pounds of sausage products that may be contaminated with listeria, according to a recall notice issued Saturday by the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS). Items affected by the recall include:
- Ange’s Pizza Sausage for Pizza 38 mm Sliced
- Creno’s Pizza Sliced Sausage for Pizza
- GiAntonio Brand Sausage for Pizza 38 mm Sliced
- GiAntonio Brand Pepperoni 38 mm SLiced
- Josseppi’s Sliced Topper Pepperoni
- Masset’s Portofino Pepperoni
- Flyer’s Pizza & Subs 38 mm Sliced Pepperoni
- Ezzo Brand Burretto Pepperoni Sliced 51 mm
- Ezzo Brand Rough Chopped Pepperoni
- Ezzo Brand Natural Uncured Pepperoni Sliced 51 mm
- Chopped Pepperoni
- Pizza King Chopped Pepperoni
- Ezzo Brand Chopped Pepperoni
Affected foods were produced on Oct. 29, 2019, Oct. 5, 2019, and Nov. 2019, FSIS said. All recalled products bear the establishment number "EST. 1838A" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
If you purchased any of the above products, you should not eat them, and either discard them immediately or return them to the point of purchase for a refund. To date, no listeria infections or any other adverse events have been associated with the recalled sausage products.
Listeria Monocytogenes Symptoms
- Stiff neck
- Tremors and convulsions
- Loss of balance
Source: Medical News Today
Do I have an Ezzo Sausage Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Ezzo sausage recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating any of the products listed in this article, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.